Broken 3g iPhone Glass... already :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2ghz MBP, iPhone 3GS, iPods and other nifty gadgets
i keep my phone on my lap when i drive, and i stopped to meet a friend and i stepped out of my car and it smashed on the ground screen first. i drive a jeep so it was a pretty high dive.

gotta keep in on the seat/near your crotch instead. when you get up and forget it, it stays put.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" (Mid 2010), iPhone 3GS
How old is your iPhone?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
gotta keep in on the seat/near your crotch instead. when you get up and forget it, it stays put.

Haha I do that often too.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP | 2.53 GHz Core 2 Duo | 4 GB Ram | 250 GB HDD
nope, you are definitely not the only one. I must have dropped my phone the other night or fallen on it while it was in my pocket because I woke up and the screen is broken. I'm debating on whether to do the repairs or just buy a new iPhone because the back is pretty scratched up and has a crack in it. The worst part is it does not work anymore. The phone won't let me slide to unlock it, so I can't open any texts or answer any calls. If anyone knows a way to get the screen unlocked without actually sliding it (somehow connecting to iTunes and then unplugging or something) it would be greatly appreciated because I would like to be able to see what messages and voicemails I have recieved before switching to a new phone. Anyways, onto the pics....

STP60015.jpg

STP60017.jpg

-EDIT-
Was able to get a 3GS from the apple store today for $199, so ended up just doing that. Might want to look into that OP if you originally got your 3G on or within a few weeks of launch day last year.

Reaction score
Is you phone jailbroken? If so you can ftp into the phone and download all your texts and voicemails to your computer. If you are not going to repair the phone do you want to sell it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP | 2.53 GHz Core 2 Duo | 4 GB Ram | 250 GB HDD
Is you phone jailbroken? If so you can ftp into the phone and download all your texts and voicemails to your computer. If you are not going to repair the phone do you want to sell it?

I don't know if you are referring to me, but I got the new 3GS, cost me the same as a screen replacement would have ($199) so I figured I might as well just get a new one. I still have the 3G, and if you want to replace the glass yourself, everything else still works. THe phone still syncs to my computer and recieves calls, I just can't use it because none of the touch features work due to the cracked screen. If you are interested shoot me a pm with your email address and I will get back to you.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.