Brand New Epson 2720 Eco-Tank Print Quality Bad!

Reaction score
We purchased an eco-tank last week. The thing is smooth and much faster than the clunker HP3510 I have (since like 2012ish). However, out of the box, this thing's printing is terrible. Actually, it's any red hue. It's taken brilliant deep reds and and turn them into muted deep pinks. It almost looks like there is a white haze over the color. I went through everything at setup (charging it, testing prints, etc). The test pages were fine. The color was fine (of course, it only does hot pink, ice blue, yellow, black and not red!). However, when I print graphics (I craft), the reds are terrible...I have tried more than one graphic from multiple sources. I have even went as far as to clean heads, alignments, etc. Still...nothing. My HP3510 never misses a beat with the print quality and the only reason why I wanted to get a new printer is because the ink cartridges were killing me financially. It's like pulling teeth getting through to Epson (disconnected calls) so I thought I would ask here before I box the sucker up and take it back. The thing that baffles me is this thing is new out of the box so I wouldn't except clogged nozzles, etc. Attached you can see the difference. The left is the muted colors from Epson and the right is from my HP. Any insight would be appreciated! :)

Attachments

• IMG_6604 copy.jpg
    IMG_6604 copy.jpg
    327.7 KB · Views: 30

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
It's difficult to tell if there is a big difference but that may be due to attaching graphic files here. We will take your word for it that the Epson colors are dull.

What I don't understand is why are the test pages okay and yours not?

If the Epson is not up to printing the way you would like, take it back. Like you, I would expect a brand new printer right out of the box should perform as advertised.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
Any insight would be appreciated! :)

I'm wondering if the two printers are using different paper stock. That can make a big difference in output.

PS: Have you looked into any of the cheaper third-party inks to save breaking the bank???
Assuming the printer company will allow you to use them. :\
We have no problems using them with our Canon inkjet.

- Patrick
=======

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.