• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

BP spills coffee

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
Keeping Canada in Afghanistan - TIME
Juno Beach Centre - "Over a million men and women joined the Canadian Armed Forces during World War II"
The History of Canada and Canadians Canada and World War 1 - "Before the war ended in 1918, more than 619,000 officers and men had enlisted, including some 22,000 who had served in the British Royal Air Force. More than 60,000 Canadians were killed in action or died of wounds, a terribly heavy toll in relation to the country's population."

Shall I continue? Just because the military doesn't play as large a role in political discourse doesn't mean we don't have one. On top of that, just because we don't enter into armed conflict as much doesn't we don't have one. ;)

I have six words for you: Bryan Adams Alanis Morissette Celine Dion.

Reaction score
The American military are awful. They are not held in high regard by any western Military, they have never won a war

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
The American military are awful. They are not held in high regard by any western Military, they have never won a war

You mean besides the two world wars that where we saved Britain from annihilation? Or every war the US has ever fought against Britain since the Revolution?

I mean there's more modern examples, but I think that's enough to prove my point... :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
You mean besides the two world wars that where we saved Britain from annihilation? Or every war the US has ever fought against Britain since the Revolution?

I mean there's more modern examples, but I think that's enough to prove my point... :p

Revolutionary War
First Seminole War
Second Seminole War
Third Seminole War
Mexican-American War
Utah War
American Civil War
Spanish-American War
Philippine–American War
And although America just a part of the force of Allies in WWI, they did have a significant impact on the outcome.
WWII
Persian Gulf War

I believe those are all wars that the US have won.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
Whether the mods choose to recognize it or not, posting inflammatory, unsubstantiated opinions without supporting evidence is trolling, and that's clearly what's going on here.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
I have six words for you: Bryan Adams Alanis Morissette Celine Dion.
You win. :) On behalf of all Canadians, I would like to thank you for taking Celine Dion.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Don’t get me wrong i am far from anti American, i love my time there and the people.

The biggest mistake BP made was trusting American engineers and workers to do the job. [...]
The Personel, who are the real problem here are American working to american standards.
You claim not to be anti-American yet your arguments would suggest otherwise. My question then is this: what do you like about America? You claim to like the people but yet you state that the military and the engineers are terrible (history will demonstrate that both of those claims are fallacious).

Listen, no nation is perfect and any claim otherwise is ludicrous. Blind allegiance is what perpetuates hatred (talk to someone who thinks no wrong of a country and you'll see what I mean). Admitting fault is not only good but should be expected. This doesn't preclude a nation from doing good though. As such, regardless of whether you can find fault in a nation, you must be able to see good. Surely you must find something about the American nation-state that you believe has done good for the world (of which there are many examples).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Whether the mods choose to recognize it or not, posting inflammatory, unsubstantiated opinions without supporting evidence is trolling, and that's clearly what's going on here.

I agree, and unfortunately, that probably bodes poorly for the future life of this thread. So far Bahja has not convinced me that his entire purpose in this thread is not to troll.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookAir5,2:10.13.6-iMac18,3:10.13.6-iPhone9,3:11.4.1
The biggest mistake BP made was trusting American engineers and workers to do the job.

As usual Americans and engineering are not good friends. This would NEVER have happened anywhere else in the World as the ROW come use the British directive when it comes to O&G saftey and working condition, the USA’a are still in the 70’s.

The BOP is Camerons.........an american company
Halliburton were the cement team.........american

The Rig is Swiss

The Personel, who are the real problem here are American working to american standards.

All 100% true

People, not nationalities, are responsible for this issue. Go pound sand. What hole of a country are you from anyhow (if we are throwing stones)?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 13"
If anyone thinks America, Canada, etc. sucks, move somewhere like Haiti for a month.

I despise all the hate directed at the USA; no matter what the US government/citizen does there are always people scrutinizing them.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
I agree, and unfortunately, that probably bodes poorly for the future life of this thread. So far Bahja has not convinced me that his entire purpose in this thread is not to troll.

The initial post was a simple funny video of some guys, apparently working for BP and apparently from the US by accent, spilling coffee and fumbling the cleanup. Then out of nowhere Bahja goes into a serious rage about how The US is inept and even criminal in their business practices, and has been pounding away ever since.

If the guys in the video had used British accents, I could maybe see the point of him going off. But to me it seemed extremely trollish and I was very surprised to find the thread still going.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookAir5,2:10.13.6-iMac18,3:10.13.6-iPhone9,3:11.4.1
Bahja > straight to ignore after a good laugh with my buddies. A nice diversion from iPhone discussion though. I think I may be getting post-iPhone-hype hangover before even receiving mine!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
We have accents in the US? I know the Southerners and the North Dakotans do, but there's and American accent?

My mind = blown.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
You don't notice local accents. I'm sure if you went to the UK, they'd say that you have an American accent.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.