• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Blown away by the knowledge base here.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 5.1 3.1 2.1 iMacs,Minis,Lampshade,G4,G3 desktops ColorClassic (PPC),etc
I’ve been a Mac user since about ’85 and the only non-Mac computers I’ve ever had are ones supplied by my employers that were required for their apps. I pride myself in doing what is necessary to get my Macs to do what I want them to (currently 7 networked in my house) and until a couple of weeks ago, the newest was a 2010 Mac Pro.

But I am humbled by the depth and breadth of knowledge that several of the folks on this forum have and are willing to share. What impresses me even more is the speed at which you jump in to help. Like tigers that pounce on their prey ready to devour the problem with relish and then quickly move on to the next one….amazing!

I’d like to say a big "thank you" to you for your help but mostly for your selfless sharing and commitment to this forum. I learn something new every time I log in.

There is no need to mention you as everyone knows who you are!!

MarkAllread (Mark All Read….get it ;-)

Ken

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
We appreciate the kudos and your membership.

Like Tom Bodett says: "We'll leave the light on for you." :)

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Welcome to the forums.
What impresses me even more is the speed at which you jump in to help. Like tigers that pounce on their prey ready to devour the problem with relish and then quickly move on to the next one….amazing!

Ken
:app I love that line. That might be the best description of this forum I've heard/read recently.

If you have been using Macs since '85, you're about four years ahead of me. I used Apple II's intermittently before that. Looking forward to having you share the wealth of knowledge you've accumulated over that time.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16" 2023 (M3 Pro), iPhone 15 Pro, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMinis (multiple)
And what we don't really know we are perfectly ready to pontificate on at length. Confidence is key to pulling it all off!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3

Ken

Honestly, I thought that was your name. Maybe I never noticed you "signing" a post before.

OP
MarkAllread
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 5.1 3.1 2.1 iMacs,Minis,Lampshade,G4,G3 desktops ColorClassic (PPC),etc
Honestly, I thought that was your name. Maybe I never noticed you "signing" a post before.

It's been one of my email addresses for about 15 years. In all that time I think only a couple of people have queried it....I enjoy the chuckles I get when I explain it.

:app I love that line. That might be the best description of this forum I've heard/read recently.
If you have been using Macs since '85, you're about four years ahead of me. I used Apple II's intermittently before that. Looking forward to having you share the wealth of knowledge you've accumulated over that time.

Thank you mate! Interesting you should mention Apple II. I pulled mine out of storage and fired it up a couple of weeks ago. The sound of the Disk Drive clacking away gave me a lump in my throat. Had SO MUCH fun with it back in then.

And what we don't really know we are perfectly ready to pontificate on at length. Confidence is key to pulling it all off!

haha...I've seen a couple of those....but when the chat happens, there's lots of gems to take notice of.

Happy New Year to y'all.

Ken

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.