blank desktop

OP
G
Reaction score
Yes indeed - just to know someone 'out there' is willing to help reduces the stress. I have just switched on again from cold and it is still all ok, so apart from the owner having to put his code in for Office again, the Quicktime updater and possibly re-doing the TCP/IP configuration, it seems the thing is done. very grateful :)

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Thanks Brown Study for sticking with this and getting them up and running. Great help!! Virtual Rep to you as it says I can't give you any at the moment!!

M

MacHeadCase

Oh and glad your friend's Mac is up and running again, geekylady. Can you imagine that this Mac is 10 years old and that it still runs and so does that OS? It even goes on the internet! Amazing!... :)

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Oh and glad your friend's Mac is up and running again, geekylady. Can you imagine that this Mac is 10 years old and that it still runs and so does that OS? It even goes on the internet! Amazing!... :)

I traded a Pentium 233 MMX rig for one of those (an 8600/300) as the person hated MAC as they spelled it. Interesting system. Quite fast with OS 8.6 installed. I like the way the case folds open. Interesting design. This one works like new.

Reaction score

I'm making this post with an 8600 right now....Macs last forever!:Cool:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.