Bitterly Disappointed with Apple Macs!!!!!

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Original RAM now installed and everything seems fine.

Can I ask one question? What brand and type of RAM did you purchase? Just curious and maybe to alert others to a possible issue.

OP
K
Reaction score
Yeah Im going too m8. Tomorrow. Well today actually as its half four in the morning here in the UK!!!!

Now my wireless connection is not working on my Mac but is on my desktop so once again im forced back to XP. What can be wrong now??

Who care, I need to get a few hours before I take my daughter to school in 3.5 hours time:Oops:

Look forward to my " cant get my wireless connection to work " thread first thing :Angry:

Thanks tons for everyones help, greatly apprecia zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
If you happen back to this thread, there is an Airport and Blutooth antenna. When you remove the top part where the DVD Drive and Hard Drive reside, you might have dislodged the connector where the Airport Antenna plugs in. Just a thought.

OP
K
Reaction score
Hi m8, Its not gonna be that simple as it could detect my network (meaning antenna must be ok) but wouldn't connect for whatever reason.

Heres hoping I can sort this out quickly.

upgrade RAM was generic and branded by a large computer retailer here in the UK called Ebuyer.
http://www.ebuyer.com/product/123910

As you can see it gets 17 5 star independent reviews

Before Web Design I used to build and fix PCs for a living and so have used this RAM in PCs for around 7 years and never once had a problem with it before.

I am quick taken aback by how much uproar a doggy stick of RAM can cause to a Mac.

OP
K
Reaction score
Bizzar;y enough I now get the following error 4SNS/1/40000000: TAOP with the original Apple RAM re installed.

Heres yet another days lost productivity as I now slip two days behind shedual re Apple Mac related issues.

EDIT -

FINAL ENTRY TO THIS THREAD

Rang Apple and they said the code relates to a HD issue and seems as I was having so much trouble would rather I returned it. They have offered a full refund and even pick up and pay all return costs from my door. I can fault apple here, there after sales service has been second to none.

I have ordered a new Mac Mini on my overdraft and the refund will pay it when it comes in in a week or so.

Until then it back to good old XP

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
At this point, if it were me, I'd put the machine back into its factory "as-shipped" condition and schedule an appointment at your local Apple Store to have it looked at. I would relay the exact error message that the last AHT yielded and let them deal with it.

Clearly we're just going in circles here.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
THIS WHOLE PROBLEM TURNED OUT TO BE A FAULTY STICK OF RAM I HAD INSTALLED TO TAKE THIS INTO ACCOUNT WHEN READING THIS THREAD.

IM AM QUITE SHOCKED BY HOW MUCH PANDEMONIUM CAN BE CAUSED BY ONE BAD RAM STICK ON A MAC EVEN THOUGH ONE STICK WAS FINE.

For 'Mac', read any motherboard in existence.

Stick a faulty stick of RAM into a PC and guess what, things will crash in Windows.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
For 'Mac', read any motherboard in existence.

Stick a faulty stick of RAM into a PC and guess what, things will crash in Windows.

Absolutely - and it can be a real wild goose chase too. Again, let this be one of those "lessons learned" situations. Always buy good quality, name brand memory. It will cost you a bit more, but it's worth it in terms of not having to trace down issues like this. And again, this is not isolated to the Mac in any way, it can happen to any computing device.

OP
K
Reaction score
Hi, from page 3 of this thread.

FINAL ENTRY TO THIS THREAD

Rang Apple and they said the code relates to a HD issue and seems as I was having so much trouble would rather I returned it. They have offered a full refund and even pick up and pay all return costs from my door. I can fault apple here, there after sales service has been second to none.

I have ordered a new Mac Mini on my overdraft and the refund will pay it when it comes in in a week or so.

Until then it back to good old XP

So its going back and apple have accepted it. I told them all about the RAM upgrade etc. Apple have been superb!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lenovo Z560 Hackintosh -:- '06 iMac -:- iPod Touch 2ndGen
IM AM QUITE SHOCKED BY HOW MUCH PANDEMONIUM CAN BE CAUSED BY ONE BAD RAM STICK ON A MAC EVEN THOUGH ONE STICK WAS FINE.
HOWEVER IT SEEMS THE OS IS VERY STABLE IF THERE ARE NO HARDWARE ISSUES WHICH IS IN CONTERYTO MY INITIAL POST BELOW.

I'm quite shocked by your shockedness - RAM is absolutely critical and MUST be working correctly, otherwise pandemonium is exactly what you get. And of course the OS is stable with no hardware issues.

OP
K
Reaction score
I think you had to see what my Mac was doing to appreciate.

I have fixed PCs with dodgy RAM before. They either didn't recognise the RAM or crashed but mainly they would fail to boot and always wouldn't acknowledge the RAM in the first place.

Lets remember here, with my Mac I inserted the RAM on the first day, it worked ABSOLUTLY FINE for three whole daysand nights all the while acknowledging the RAM was there (IE showing 2 gig as opposed to the stock 1 gig)

Then for no reason things started shutting as I was using them, the OS needed repairing, Constant crashing.

I have never experienced any deylayed reaction lkike this on a PC and have worked on PCs for many years.

As said, faulty RAM in a PC in my experience meant the PC wont boot or wont recognise it. Not work fine a few days then go completely mad.

Had these bizzare event happened as soon as the RAM was installed I would have known where to look for the problem.

I mean, what happens if I fit a graphics card that doesn't work? Will my Mac magically make it work for three whole days and then not display graphics?

M

MacHeadCase

I had a stick of RAM go bad in my old G4 iMac. And at first the RAM was good, it happened a few days after the purchase. So RAM goes kerplunk sometimes, but not necessarily instantaneously.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lenovo Z560 Hackintosh -:- '06 iMac -:- iPod Touch 2ndGen
I think you had to see what my Mac was doing to appreciate.

I have fixed PCs with dodgy RAM before. They either didn't recognise the RAM or crashed but mainly they would fail to boot and always wouldn't acknowledge the RAM in the first place.

Lets remember here, with my Mac I inserted the RAM on the first day, it worked ABSOLUTLY FINE for three whole daysand nights all the while acknowledging the RAM was there (IE showing 2 gig as opposed to the stock 1 gig)

Then for no reason things started shutting as I was using them, the OS needed repairing, Constant crashing.

I have never experienced any deylayed reaction lkike this on a PC and have worked on PCs for many years.

As said, faulty RAM in a PC in my experience meant the PC wont boot or wont recognise it. Not work fine a few days then go completely mad.

Had these bizzare event happened as soon as the RAM was installed I would have known where to look for the problem.

I mean, what happens if I fit a graphics card that doesn't work? Will my Mac magically make it work for three whole days and then not display graphics?

None of the thing you speak of are the fault of the Mac, OSX or Apple - it's. faulty. RAM. That's what it does.

OP
K
Reaction score
Then how comes it works fine for days on end if the RAM is faulty and THEN goes pair shaped?

M

MacHeadCase

A computation algorithm that sends it over the edge? I dunno, man but I figure it's gotta be like a lot of products we own: it works then it doesn't and needs to be replaced. I would expect that bad RAM doesn't necessarily leave the factory as being bad from the start but something makes them go bad, otherwise don't they at least test those things?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 13" Unibody White
Why do people refer to macs "Apple macs"? Isn't it easier just to say "mac"?

OP
K
Reaction score
OK just to open this back up again.

I have since had delivery of another Mac Mini. I also have taken delivery of the RAM recommended on the Crucial website.

irsts thing I did was checked my new mac for errors using the Hardware test tool and nothing. So far so good.

So, even more cautiously than before all anti static'd (IE wristband, mat, face mask (i joke about mask) ) I install the RAM.

All good or so I think and then I re-boot to the Hardware Test utility, perfore an extended test yet again and am faced with the following error.

4SNS/1/40000000: TAOP

Has any of you Mac mistros have any clue as to what is going on here.

Any help appreciated.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.