Big Sur and NTFS issues

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
From here Jake:

Appears that MS has either purchased the company or licensed its software.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16" 2023 (M3 Pro), iPhone 15 Pro, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMinis (multiple)
Sorry, but I don't see anything there to indicate that, Charlie. All I see is that the software has been named "Microsoft NTFS for Mac," giving Microsoft credit for creating NTFS. But the app is still called "NTFS For Mac" and the company is still Paragon. Maybe I missed it, but nothing in the FAQ refer to any transfer, nothing in the Blog, and the About information is still as it was.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Apparently it's a partnership between Paragon and Microsoft that has been ongoing for some time.

Also, it appears from the link I gave you above that NTFS for the Mac has been updated to work natively with the new M1 machines.

I too have Paragon NTFS and it was updated not too long ago.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16" 2023 (M3 Pro), iPhone 15 Pro, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMinis (multiple)
Ok, read that document and at the end of all the mumbo-jumbo, Paragon got insight into the operation of NTFS, in exchange for changing the name to "Microsoft NTFS For Mac" and some collaborated publicity for both. I'm suspecting that MS got Paragon to pay some licensing fees for the code for NTFS internals to make Paragon's job a bit easier to make the drivers.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
Will Apple require Paragon to rename APFS for Windows to Apple APFS for Windows?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Will Apple require Paragon to rename APFS for Windows to Apple APFS for Windows?

Not so far they haven't. Paragon APFS for Windows has been out since Sep 2018.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.