Bell Home Hub 1000 - Usb Issue

Reaction score
Just had Bell swap out my old 2Wire to a Home Hub 1000. I am having a problem finding my external HD using my Macbook... Followed the instructions on the Bell website, I go to Finder - Go - Networks and Browse but the hard drive doesn't appear (tried a USB stick as well, it didn't apppear). Hard drive is connected to the Home Hub via USB and is powered up. I turned on file sharing in my Macbook settings. External drive has already been formatted for the Mac and I have no problem viewing the drive when connected to the Macbook via USB. Any ideas?

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
You note that you had sharing on in OS X (which is about sharing content from your Mac so that won't have an effect here) but not on the home hub itself. On my Bell hub here, there's a "USB Connected Device" section under "Device Status Management" - have you checked this out?

OP
B
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply...I have not checked the "Device Status Management", I am assuming that is in the network admin settings of the Home Hub where I can see all my wireless devices in my network?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.