• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Beer. Whats your favorite?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
I'm too young to drink beer.

So I stick to bourbon. ;D

In all seriousness though, I just can't drink beer anymore for some very odd reason. I used to enjoy my micro brews and such but now all beer just gives me a headache after two pints, if even that much. I'm ok with that though, because, I much prefer the taste as well as the personality of bourbon and whiskey vs that of most beers.

Doug

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
Anything accompanying a slice of pepperoni pizza.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G3 - You'll be missed.
My favorite brewery has to be Stone. I absolutely love nearly all of their brews. So any of them.. count me in any day of the week.

I could really go for a while, but I'll spare you all since most of you have mentioned some of my favs already.

I also like Three Floyds, Dogfish head, Rogue, Green Man ales, brugge brasserie, etc. I could go on for days haha.

I also like me some fine bourbon and some rums. Vodka's here and there. Some of my favorites;

Buffalo trace, kraken, crystal head, kilo kai, Root, Snap, etc.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.1-OCZ SDD, iPhone 5, iPad 2, iPod Nano6G, MacBook Air 4.2
Red Stripe ...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.4GHz w/ WD My Book 500GB HDD. MacBook Pro 2.4GHz. iPhone 5, white, 16 Gigs.
I don't always drink beer... but when I do, I DON"T drink Dos XX...

Actually, when I do drink beer, I like:

Sammy Adams & Sammy Adams light for lager
Moose Drool, (Montana), for brown lager

My preference, however, is a nice smooth dram of Bourbon whisky, neat.

Reaction score
I'm English so I've been used to the typical English beers for most of my life... there's nothing really that special that's widely available. I found some great beers though from a company called Samuel Smith's. Now, however, I live in Germany so I'm spoiled for choice. Every beer I taste is awesome and I love the fact that law states that no companies can add anything bad to their beer so they're all great tasting. As I live in Cologne I tend to drink Kölsch beers such as Reissdorf but I also like beers from Hamburg like Astra... :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
Anything accompanying a slice of pepperoni pizza.

You can never go wrong with that!

For light beers, my favorite is Budweiser.
For everything else, whatever is the special at the Rocky River Brewing Company. They brew some great beer!

Blu

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.4 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS X 10.6.7
For light beers, I usually go w/Bud Light or Budweiser. There's a restaurant/brewhouse called BJ's and they have this amazing dark beer called "PM Porter". It was the first dark beer I'd ever tried but it has hints of chocolate and molasses and it has a nice finish. It's served in a big glass too so I usually have a nice buzz after finishing it lol.

Reaction score
I tried different beers across the world and ended up opting for the German “Pilsner” and the Irish “Guinness”. I have my occasional “Miller Lite” or a “Bud lite” when I have to have wake up early and not have massive hang over because normally I would not normally go to bed with a few shots of “Jack Daniels”- whiskey, just kidding, I save my whiskey for those special nights only… :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
I tried different beers across the world and ended up opting for the German “Pilsner” and the Irish “Guinness”. I have my occasional “Miller Lite” or a “Bud lite” when I have to have wake up early and not have massive hang over because normally I would not normally go to bed with a few shots of “Jack Daniels”- whiskey, just kidding, I save my whiskey for those special nights only… :D

Guinness is and will forever be one of my favorites! Especially when they do those special mixes at my pub! deliciously smooth!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP 13 inch unibody 2.3ghz intel i5, 8gb DDR3, 500gb Seagate momentus XT HD, Mac OS X Lion 10.7
New castle is my favorite and killians Irish red

Bcn

Reaction score
My favorites are Royal, Tuborg, Carlsberg, Estrella, Heineken, if I had to pick one it must be Tuborg.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27in iMac i5 3.1GHz, AMD 6970, iPhone 4, Wi-Fi iPad 2
The BJ's restaurant and brewery also brews a terrific hefeweissen

Reaction score
Funny my first post would be in this thread!! LOL

Stella for my daily bottle (Now in cans!!!)

Triple Kameliet for those special days!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2ghz c2d, 180gb vertex 2 ssd, 4gb ram
Rodenbach and Vichtenaar. I love me some IPAs, too!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Apple since 1982, now: iMac 2.5 ghz, 500 HD, sandy bridge
Cadillac Mountain Stout. Failing that, Guinness. Failing that, any dark beer that might be available.

Reaction score
Coming from Scotland have had a few heavy nights on the beer (Well Lager over here)

Top Lagers: Ice Cold Tennents, Tennents.

Kind of gone off lagers at present and into Cider..............Must be the "Warm Tropical Summer, here in the North East of Scotland".
Top Cider: Bulmers, Magners and Stella have just realised a Cider called "Cidre" those frogs just want to be different.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
The BJ's restaurant and brewery also brews a terrific hefeweissen

Really? I tried every beer there and sent everyone back after one or two sips. I was extremely disappointed in a local brewery like that.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.