Audible problem with iPod Touch 7?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 2010 MBP 13, 8 gig mem, 2 int disks 500gig SSD, 1Tb SSHD . 2010 iMac, 8 gig, 2 Tb SSHD. iMac M1
We have recently replaced out ancient iPod Touch 2nd gen with a new 7th gen machine. It's a lovely little box with all sorts of extra goodies, but also a nagging problem.

We normally listen to Audible audio stories whilst having our dinner and all of a sudden the story will stop and when I look the iPod has gone right back to the introduction. It seems to be completely random and it's a 'golly-gosh' moment (code for the odd naughty words) to try to find out where the **** we were in the story!

This never happened on the old machine and I am at a loss to even start looking for the answer. It has happened on several Audible stories. I only have Audible audio on there so I can't do a compair and sometimes it doesn't happen anyway, so I don't think that another audio sorce would prove anything? But I am open to ideas?

Any ideas please folks?

OP
Jonzjob
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 2010 MBP 13, 8 gig mem, 2 int disks 500gig SSD, 1Tb SSHD . 2010 iMac, 8 gig, 2 Tb SSHD. iMac M1
Not yet, but I'm just about to start on your link Ferrarr. Thank you. I didn't see it in the search I did?

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Are you using the Audible app or playing the books through iTunes/Music? I ask because my wife and a coworker are experiencing similar issues.

At first I thought this had something to do with the file format but it seems to affect books ripped from CD and well as those downloaded from Audible. It seems to be affecting the following for us:

1. Certain books played through iTunes/Music (Mac or PC).
2. Goes back to El Capitan or Sierra and at least Win 10 on PC.

OP
Jonzjob
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
We use the Audible app SD. I know the Audible have recently dropped at least one of the formats they use

I got in phone touch with Audible U.K. earlier and the bloke asked if I had migrated everything from our old iPod Touch. My reply was yes and he said to delete the Audible app on there and reload with the latest level. I have now done that and this evening it didn't stop and return to the start, but as it hasn't always failed it's still a 'watch this space' situation and may take a day or so yet to find out?

So we will carry on and be enthralled by Fredrick Forsythe and his Dogs of War. A fantastic story!

OP
Jonzjob
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well, I thought that it had been solved, but this evening it just stopped playing. When checked it was back at chapter 1 and the very beginning of the story. That happened twice. To say it's annoying is !!! then I have to find out where in the story, which chapter and where in the chapter. It really is a pain in what I sit on!

I will see about contacting Audible tomorrow, but don't really see it's their problem, but who knows?

So, if anyone has come up with any other idea it would be great to hear them.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.