Are Macs good for gaming?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro: 7200 RPM 250 HD, 2 gig Ram, 2.4 Gig processor... IPHONE 3g
There are a lot of games available for mac, and a lot more are becoming available because a lot of games are using universal binaries now. Quick example I play:
WoW
Sims 2
Need for Speed Carbon
Homeworld 2

On mine so far and the games run flawlessly on my MBP. I run WoW on highest settings furthest terrain and all that good stuff and still get 40+ frames per second which is quite acceptable. The other games work awesome too although I wouldn't know how to figure out my frames per second on it.

Reaction score
PC
Minuses
Windows / Linux only
iMac
Pluses
OS X and Windows/Linux
Veering way off-topic, so I'll ask plainly: Do you base your plusses and minuses on what you think, or what you know? Because PCs can run much more than "Windows / Linux only", in fact they can run all kinds of crazy operating systems. On the other hand, getting Linux to run on a Mac isn't quite as simple as it is with Windows, or OS X.

I also like how yo listed PCs as requiring constant upgrades, but Macs don't. Because somehow my PCs may simply stop running for some reason, but a Mac will continue to run, like new, forever. ??

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.