are imacs worth it.

Reaction score
hey guys im new to the whole worl of mac.im used to pc's as i used to build all of mine myself but as dj i use macs all the time at my local studio and want to get one for the home.the problem im having is since ive been looking into buying a mac all ive really seen is threads about this problem and that problem that people seem to be having.are they really this bad or are they very uncommon problems to find.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
-->
Problem free here. I love my iMac!

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
The last reported quarter, Apple was selling approx 27,500 Mac's.............................

every day.

There are going to be issues and some hardware failures with every manufacturer.

NYTimes has Forrester Research list of computer manufacturers satisfaction numbers.
1. Apple = 80
2. Gateway = 66
3. HP = 64
4. Compaq = 63
5. Dell = 58

Those with problems or looking for 'how to's" make up 99% of the ones that find their way to forums.

And, since you've been using them, have you run into this and that problem?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Model Identifier: iMac9,1 Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo Processor Speed: 2.66 GHz
iMAC experience

The kinds of problems people report on Macs in general are usually very minor and after four months I can report that my experience of the iMac has been pretty well problem free - a couple of times I've had to reboot to get a DVD out of the player (why Apple didn't stick a mechanical eject button on there I do not know!).

After 25 years or so of the IBM PC the iMac comes as a great relief - no more unnecessary messages about needing to update every Tuesday, simple installation and uninstallation of applications - compared with the PC, it is heaven, and I'm happy to put up with the fact that sometimes I have to struggle to find out how to do something that was second nature to me on the PC.

Get one - you won't regret it - but you'll have to buy a decent mouse and a proper keyboard - the Apple products are unbelievably bad - pretty but crap!

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Get one - you won't regret it - but you'll have to buy a decent mouse and a proper keyboard - the Apple products are unbelievably bad - pretty but crap!

Actually, the keyboards are really quite good, but you have to give them a chance - once you get used to one, you'll find standard keyboards to be quite clunky, especially if you're a touch-typist.

Now, I will agree with you on the Mighty Mouse, utter crap.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
iMacs are great, had a G4 for 7 years, now have a 20" Intel and I love it.
I'm not 100% sold on the new keyboard though, it's good compared with cheap PC ones, but I preferred my old Pro one on my G4.

Reaction score
The fact you do not have to fight with viruses and all that spy stuff out ways
any problems.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook. iLife '09. iWork '09. Mac OS X 10.6
Any new computer, whether it's a mac, or a Windows Machine, can have a few problems, but usually if you buy a new machine they are minor and can be solved quickly. With my Refurbished MacBook, the Logic Board went bad and I couldn't get sound on the internal speakers. I packed it up in the special box, shipped it to Apple, and they had it back to me within 2 days! My refurbished (or was it used?) PowerBook never had any problems when I first got it.

Like I said, problems with a new computer are common, no matter what platform they are, but once you get past the few speed bumps of using a new machine, Macs are easier to use and a much nicer work environment.

You won't regret this!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.