Apple's next iPhone might boast an always-on display

Reaction score
f0050190-6f0d-11eb-bfff-5699665c0a37
Rumors for the 2021 iPhone lineup are quickly gathering steam. According to AppleInsider, well-known leaker Max Weinbach and EverythingApplePro have shared a flurry of next-gen iPhone leaks, including word of an always-on display. Reportedly, the bat...

Click here to view the article...

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
I just got one od the iPhone 12 models a few weeks ago so of course the next model is rumored to have something I want.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Not me. An always on display (like some Android phones have) would annoy me to no end. However, even with the always on display, it can be turned off. Always on is an option, not something that is forced on the owner. Besides that, always on will suck the battery dry more quickly especially with the newer large OLED displays.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
There are times I would like that feature though I don't think I would want it as the default. I hadn't really thought about the battery issue but that would go a long way to determining how badly I wanted that feature.

If I had a functioning older phone I might hold out long enough to see what other features are included with the new phone when it comes out later this year. I don't expect anything spectacular enough to convince me to trade in my 12 Pro Mac.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I'm still using my 8 and the wife has a full sized 11. I may go for a 12 Mini a bit later on. I like the smaller phone size while my wife likes the larger ones with bigger screen. She would love to have a fully loaded 12 Pro Max but at the prices Apple wants, my stimulus award would be half gone. LOL

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I probably wouldn't have pulled the trigger on any of the 12s but I was having issues with the sound on my XS. If I used the phone normally I could barely hear the caller. If I put someone one speakerphone or used the phone to play media everything worked fine.

Reaction score
I just got one od the iPhone 12 models a few weeks ago so of course the next model is rumored to have something I want.

Sigh. Such is our life as Apple owners. I kinda miss my Blackberry, no chasing features. Does it send emails faster? No? OK no need to upgrade yet.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.