Apple's Mac Studio is a tiny pro-level desktop powered by M1 Ultra

Reaction score
The rumors were true: Apple has introduced a high-powered headless desktop that sits between the Mac mini and Mac Pro. The company has launched the Mac Studio, a compact machine with up to a 20-core M1 Ultra chip, a 64-core GPU and more expansion than its mini counterpart. Not surprisingly, Apple is making bold performance claims — it believes the Studio is up to 80 percent faster than the Intel-based Mac Pro tower in certain circumstances.

Developing...

Catch up on all of the news from Apple’s Peek Performance event
right here!

Click here to view the article...

Reaction score
I am excited that the new Mac Studio has finally been released. I have been waiting to purchase a new Mac desktop to increase my productivity as I work from home. I currently have a 2014 iMac 27 inch retina 5k that I previously upgraded to 16GB of RAM and an SSD hard drive. I am looking for advice on what to buy.

I would like to set up dual monitors. I would like to learn more about monitor connections with the new Mac Studio, and what high resolution monitors I should buy. My desk is large, so I have room for good size monitors. I am thinking 27 inch monitors x 2 might work well. Cost is not a major consideration as I am highly compensated and the cost will be covered by my company, as long as it is within reason.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
The Mac Studio has an HDMI and 4x TB4 connectors allowing you to connect up to 5 displays at a time. 😃

If you are looking to go dual screen, then grab the size and resolution (the Studio can do up to 6k over USB-C and 4k over HDMI) that suits your needs and grab the right cables and you'll be all set.

I'm currently running 2 27" 2K displays with my 2018 Mac Mini. If I were to upgrade, I would keep the monitors the same.

Reaction score
The Mac Studio has an HDMI and 4x TB4 connectors allowing you to connect up to 5 displays at a time. 😃

If you are looking to go dual screen, then grab the size and resolution (the Studio can do up to 6k over USB-C and 4k over HDMI) that suits your needs and grab the right cables and you'll be all set.

I'm currently running 2 27" 2K displays with my 2018 Mac Mini. If I were to upgrade, I would keep the monitors the same.
I already have a Pro display XDR. I am thinking I can buy the new Mac Studio Display and run these two monitors off the Mac Studio with thunderbolt connections.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.