• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Apple will reveal the next versions of iOS, macOS at WWDC21, starting June 7

Reaction score
A disembodied cartoon head sure is excited.

Enlarge / Apple's splash image for WWDC 2021, which references a meme from last year. (credit: Apple)

Apple will host its annual Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC) on schedule this year, with the event kicking off on June 7 and concluding on June 11. Like last year, it will be an online-only affair as the world continues to grapple with the COVID-19 pandemic. All the event's offerings will be free for anyone who has an Apple developer account.

The company typically uses this event to announce new versions of its various operating systems (macOS, iPadOS, iOS, watchOS, and tvOS) and detail the software's new features and changes. WWDC is sometimes, though not always, used to announce new hardware products, too, and it's often the event Apple uses to explain very major changes in direction, should they be imminent. For example, Apple revealed the details of its custom-made silicon transition at last year's conference.

Apple's press release notes that the usual components will be there. There will be a keynote to kick things off, followed by "state of the union" presentations that drill deeper on each platform. Then, Apple will offer video sessions on specific features—using the Metal graphics API to make augmented reality applications, in one hypothetical example—throughout the week. The conference will also include one-on-one lab appointments "offering technical guidance" to developers, Apple says.

Read 3 remaining paragraphs | Comments

Click here to view the article...

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Rumors are that Apple could also announce new MacBook Pros, and an iMac.

There are indications that these new machines will be equipped with more powerful versions of the Apple Silicon CPUs.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Rumors are that Apple could also announce new MacBook Pros, and an iMac.

There are indications that these new machines will be equipped with more powerful versions of the Apple Silicon CPUs.

I hope so, I would like a little more memory than the current maximum 16GBs.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2023-14" M3max MBPro, 64GB/1TB, iPhone 15 Pro, Watch Ultra
I hope so, I would like a little more memory than the current maximum 16GBs.

Me too! I really want the feature in iOS and Watch OS that will allow my Watch to unlock my phone when I have a mask on. That is supposed to be in the works. It is a pain when I am shopping to keep unlocking my phone to check my grocery list! And if I set it to not lock and then I forget to set it back, it runs the battery down not to mention being a safety concern.

Lisa

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.