• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Apple Store Updated - New MacBooks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 1.83Ghz, 60GB HD, 512MB RAM
They're not any cheaper. Still the same price...

Reaction score
i just got my macbook maybe a month ago! now they upgrade lol!

if i call and complain they will replace it with this newer better one?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook C2D 2.0ghz, 2GB ram, 80 Gig HD
They're not any cheaper. Still the same price...

they are in the UK. the bottom model is now £699, and the middle is £825. i paid £875 4 weeks ago for my middle spec one and its basically the same spec as the bottom spec one now except mine has the superdrive.

before the changes the bottom 1.83ghz was £750. now the old middle spec is cheaper than that. so i could of saved £175 for the same machine basically, less the supedrive. or saved £50 and got a better machine, with lager hard drive and faster processor. (btw £1 = approx $1.9USD)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 1.83 C2D, 1GB, 60GB, CD
Didn't they also upgrade the hard drive in the base model to 80GB?

I bought my Macbook about 3 weeks ago. I wonder if I'll be able to exchange it.

Yes they did. I bought the base model in Feb 2007 and it only had a 60GB hdd. Of course it also had only 512MB of RAM. I paid an extra $75 to get 1GB.

I love the speeds - will make the wife happy when I go buy her a MacBook.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3G Black Macbook 2.16ghz, 2gb, 160gb
just wondering, ive completely forgotten what the pricing plan of the old macbooks was?

i want to compare to the new ones...someone on another forum said they were all 50 cheaper now?

thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 1.83Ghz, 60GB HD, 512MB RAM
I think they're all still the same price, just upgraded.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
just wondering, ive completely forgotten what the pricing plan of the old macbooks was?

i want to compare to the new ones...someone on another forum said they were all 50 cheaper now?

thanks
in the UK the prices dropped a by 50 quid

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" ibook g4, 1.42ghz. 512mb ram, 60gb hdd
Dammit I bought my macbook two days ago!! P Oh well I bought it at bestbuy so I'm just going to return it =)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.2ghz SR!
Dammit I bought my macbook two days ago!! P Oh well I bought it at bestbuy so I'm just going to return it =)

What happened man? I thought you were gonna wait?!

Just a heads up, they're going to tell you that you have to pay a 15% restocking fee...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook, 2Ghz C2D, 2GB ram
does the apple store chage a re-stocking fee??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.2ghz SR!
does the apple store chage a re-stocking fee??

I keep seeing people spit out all types of crazy return policies... here it is directly off the Apple store:

RETURN & REFUND POLICY
If you are not satisfied with your Apple purchase of a product, please call 1-800-676-2775 for a Return Material Authorization (RMA) request within 14 calendar days of the receipt of the product. Configure-to-order, personalized or other customized product may not be returned for refund or exchange under any circumstances unless DOA. If the item is returned unopened in the original box, we will exchange it or offer you a refund based on your original method of payment. The product must be returned to the Apple warehouse within 14 calendar days of the issuance of the RMA. All products must be packed in the original, unmarked packaging including any accessories, manuals, documentation and registration that shipped with the product. A 10% open box fee will be assessed on any opened hardware or accessory.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I didn't buy mine from the apple online store I bought it from bestbuy , they have a different retur policy.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.2ghz SR!
I didn't buy mine from the apple online store I bought it from bestbuy , they have a different retur policy.

My post #51 is directed at you:

What happened man? I thought you were gonna wait?!
Just a heads up, they're (Best Buy) going to tell you that you have to pay a 15% restocking fee...

The post regarding Apple's return policy was for rawfodog, which is why I quoted him.

You're correct Best Buy's return policy is different. It is also 14 days, but a 15% restocking fee is charged instead of 10%... good luck with that.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I just got back from bestbuy and there was no restocking fee involved I got every single penny back.

Reaction score
Good thing I waited.

I was going to buy one this past weekend, but waited until my auctions ended so I can have the extra money :)

My 1st post on the Mac-Forums!! This weekend I will be an official Mac user. :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.2ghz SR!
I wonder when the new updated Mac Book Pro's will be coming out?

I figure probably during WWDC...

I just got back from bestbuy and there was no restocking fee involved I got every single penny back.

Congrats! lol, my store would have never let you off that easy. They have to sell that computer as an open item now... someone should get a good deal on it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I should go back and buy it refurbished for cheap ;)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.