• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Apple promises unforgettable iTunes announcement coming Tuesday

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad 16GB, MacBook Pro 2.4Ghz 4GB HD, 32GB iTouch, 8GB itouch, 4 GB video nano.
i cannot wait!!
but at the same time I "donut"
wanna be disappointed.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookPro 11,2 <--DAW!!!
The Beatles? You have got to be kidding me!!! I know they've been going at this for a long time now, but seriously, I just DON'T care. I seriously hope there is more...because this is easily forgettable.

^^^^ +1 :Angry-Tongue:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad 16GB, MacBook Pro 2.4Ghz 4GB HD, 32GB iTouch, 8GB itouch, 4 GB video nano.
if it's seriously the beetles imma choke a (BEEP)

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Why would it be the App Store. There is already an App Store for the iPhone. The App Store that is coming is for the Mac, not itunes.

I believe the cloud part but if it all goes cloud, then what happens to people with normal iPods? I can't believe Apple would cut every person with a normal iPod out. I want my music on my device. If it ever ceases to be on my device, computer, whatever, I will go elsewhere.

Tomorrow will tell the whole story so I suggest we all wait till then to know the real truth. I hope it's just the Beetles as it would stop the all cloud rumors, but I can't believe Apple would go this far just for Beetles.

Reaction score
It could be just that the Beatles is part of it. Maybe it will be a cloud service (which is big news) and part of the promotion of it, is that alongside the new cloud service, the Beatles will be finally available - and that the only part that has been leaked is the Beatles side.

Afterall, as others have said, the beatles alone is not such big news that Apple should change their entire front page, but it would be a nice sweetener along with much bigger news. Sort of how the Times was shown on the iPad when that was announced.

C

chas_m

Some things to remember (that may or may not be contradictory):

1. YOU may not be a big Beatles fan, but Steve *is,* and getting the Beatles to digital finally is a big coup for Apple. I seriously doubt this what the announcement is actually about (why would it be at 7am?), but it IS a big deal for a lot of people. Just because you're not one of them doesn't mean it's not a big deal. Look at how many people HERE scoffed at the iPad when it first came out.

2. Given that YESTERDAY nobody (not the rumour sites, not the media, not Kevin Bloody Rose, NOBODY) knew they were going to do this, I would say this must be a pretty big deal ... and there's a good chance it's something totally out of left field.

3. This has absolutely GOT to have something to do with the holidays. Everything Apple is doing right now is totally focused on the holidays.

4. There's gotta be some reason why the announcement is at 7am PST (Apple's "local" time) ... hmmm ... midnight in Japan ... OMG they've gotten all the Godzilla movies!! :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac 21.5 Inch 3.06 GHZ 4GB Ram 500 Gig HD, Ipad 32 GB, Iphone 4S 16 GB.
The Beatles dont have such an aversion to digital though as they have already had music featured in console games. If anything I would guess its more to do with the use of the Apple Corps name and the subsequent court case.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
I know what it is

The record labels have surrendered and given over the rights to all their catalogues to Apple. Apple now owns 95% of the music business. ;)

Seriously through, it might not be about music at all, it could be about TV and movies?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
To have such an epic homepage in place of everything that they are trying to push right now (ie. iPad, MacBook Air, iPhone etc.) in such a crucial holiday time would have to mean a bit more than just Beatles coming to iTunes. If you wanted the Beatles that badly im sure you have just torrented that by now. Apple is not stupid or dumb, and posting something so small on their homepage would be just financially stupid, or at least I hope.

Except that Steve has been obsessed with getting the Beatles into iTunes ever since it launched so to him, this is a big deal and if Steve wants the homepage changed, the homepage gets changed. ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
hmmm please someone help steve jobs if this big news is the beatles... i want something that actually will be usefull.. like app store for macs or the cloud.. now that would be sick!

Neither of those will happen.

App Store has nothing to do with iTunes, it's a separate app and far from ready.

Cloud would be a pretty big announcement which I can probably guarantee would be an invited media event, which this is not, and it wouldn't be at 7:00 AM PST.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
All I can say is, She loves you, Yeah, Yeah Yeah!

Time to go back to sleep!! :D

And no disappointment. I was not expecting anything major with just a web page update. Anything BIG would have been a special event.

Reaction score
Love the band. But I've already got some songs. Soooo….now what?
:Grimmace:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
The Beatles... How terrible. What a let down.

I agree. That's like your girlfriend telling you lower your pants. You expecting you know what and instead she kicks you in the crotch.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.........

Reaction score
I agree. That's like your girlfriend telling you lower your pants. You expecting you know what and instead she kicks you in the crotch.

I had something similar in mind when I was comparing the epic MacBook Air homepage to..well..what it is now.
:Shouting:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.