Apple Pencil 1st Generation is now junk !.

Reaction score
My Apple Pencil 1st Gen only used twice is now a £120.00 piece of junk, how you say, it was put in a draw for a while and for got about, when take out again for use the battery was found to be flat down to 3%, when it reaches that level it will not take any charge no matter how hard you try, the battery can not be replaced as they are a fully sealed unit, if you check out YouTube where's one or two people who have cut them open, you'll find a steel sleeve which houses the slim Lithium battery, there's 1 chap who has been able to replace it and 3D printed a new outer cover for it.
So if you have one make damed sure you keep it charged up, and I'd say that go's for the new second Gen too

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
How long was it left to discharge? You might want to leave it plugged in for an extended period of time to see if it can overcome the deep discharge.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
-->
I have seen people find success with your issue by plugging the pencil into the iPad and then hard booting the device with the pencil still plugged in. Worth a shot...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.