Apple Mac

OP
bigandbald
Reaction score
Many thanks for comments - I also need a desk or operating station to sit my mac on - I would prefer a proper wooden made item rather than compressed pineapple lol - any recommendations welcome

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
...I also need a desk or operating station to sit my mac on - I would prefer a proper wooden made item rather than compressed pineapple lol - any recommendations welcome

Many times this is what I use (very portable & only $50 bucks). I can stand on it...so no problem for a 27" iMac::)

s0046850_sc7

- Nick

OP
bigandbald
Reaction score
It looks huge - what is it made of lol
I was thinking something a bit more permanent. Let alone standing on it I bet you can have a party on it lol

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
It looks huge - what is it made of lol
I was thinking something a bit more permanent. Let alone standing on it I bet you can have a party on it lol

They come in 4 foot to 8 foot sizes (6 foot shown)...they are very sturdy. Many times when folks buy "real computer furniture"...they get tired of it or out grow it (printers, modems, etc. etc.). So a table like this (flat surface) is very flexible space-wise...and can be used for MANY other purposes!:)

Made of "compressed pineapples"!;)

- Nick

OP
bigandbald
Reaction score
lol it looks very impressive - if it is as flexible as you suggest will they deliver to shakespeare country England ???

robduckyworth

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP, 2.5GHz i7, 750GB, 6770M 1GB, iPad 3, iPhone 4, custom PC
dude, the 27" iMac has an LED Backlit IPS panel with a 2560 x 1440 screen res. Thats the best of the best.

An IPS 27" 2560 x 1440 on its own is gonna cost you near on what that iMac is worth.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
lol it looks very impressive - if it is as flexible as you suggest will they deliver to shakespeare country England ???

"Flexibility" has to do with the number of different uses you can use this table for (not just as a computer table). I'm sure that they sell these sort of folding tables in merry old England...so no need for delivery. Just go get it yourself!;)

Here's a 5 foot long (1524mm) example from an office supply store in London:

Trexus Folding Table Rectangular Capacity 500kg W1524xD762xH743mm Grey

- Nick

C

chas_m

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Interesting 1st idea:)...but yikes...$749 bucks (not sure if that includes shipping & tax).

- Nick

Yikes! That is a lot of cash for something that amounts to less than $50 in materials.

OP
bigandbald
Reaction score
A rib in time saves nine

Couple of months ago I decided to buy a iPad2 which is truly awesome - I visited my local apple shop and fell In love with a 27" all in one mac.

Obviously near £1400 takes a little gathering together plus I've got to find a functional table to put my new mac on.

I sell New Volkswagens for a living and consider the Mac to be a similar product in quality?
My worry is - I know that apple have released a thunder bolt higher 27" Resolution screen
Is this going to be realised on the all in one mac?

If it is a matter of months I wonder if I'm better waiting? - I can remember buying an iPhone 3G and within three months apple released the iPhone 4.

I accept that products evolve but I don't want to be caught with my pants down again lol

OP
bigandbald
Reaction score
My quest continues I like the idea of one less desk but not the price - I don't like furniture made from any form of compressed pineapple.

If it was priced reasonable I would have no doubt to order - I like the idea of a contemporary design I expect that it may cost a little extra but not to the extreme

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
My quest continues I like the idea of one less desk but not the price - I don't like furniture made from any form of compressed pineapple.

Don't knock it till you try it. I've used the tables I recommended earlier in this thread for years & years (I'm talking using the same exact tables for over 10-12 years).

If you like the "less desk" idea...but not the price...sounds like the best solution is to make your own. This is what I would do if I was against the "compressed pineapple" tables as much as you. I have the tools & have done it before when I couldn't find a solution that fit my needs!:)

- Nick

OP
bigandbald
Reaction score
Don't knock it till you try it. I've used the tables I recommended earlier in this thread for years & years (I'm talking using the same exact tables for over 10-12 years).

If you like the "less desk" idea...but not the price...sounds like the best solution is to make your own. This is what I would do if I was against the "compressed pineapple" tables as much as you. I have the tools & have done it before when I couldn't find a solution that fit my needs!:)

- Nick

Please don't think I'm knocking it - it would be fine if I had a bigger house my wife does not want my computer in the launge so it's destine for our bedroom
;P

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Please don't think I'm knocking it - it would be fine if I had a bigger house my wife does not want my computer in the launge so it's destine for our bedroom
;P

I see. I didn't realize that space was a super big issue.

Since this is the case...I would recommend taking the 27" iMac's shipping box...cover it with some sort of fancy cloth...and make this your iMacs "desk". Then use a bluetooth keyboard & Magic Trackpad from your bed!;)

Low cost & minimal space...everyone's happy!:):)

- Nick

OP
bigandbald
Reaction score
I see. I didn't realize that space was a super big issue.

Since this is the case...I would recommend taking the 27" iMac's shipping box...cover it with some sort of fancy cloth...and make this your iMacs "desk". Then use a bluetooth keyboard & Magic Trackpad from your bed!;)

Low cost & minimal space...everyone's happy!:):)

- Nick

Some one has suggested a table which is of a contemporary design it's called one less desk it's made by a company in the USA - I'll check that out
Thanks for all your help big and bald

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.