Apple ID email no longer valid

Reaction score
Wanting to reset all data on an ipad but the apple id email account is no longer valid or accessible.

Can any one explain how I can reset the ipad without this information if indeed it is possible.

Thanks in advance
glucke

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
According to this Apple document you shouldn't need access to your "Apple ID email account" to do a factory reset of the iPad:

HTH,

Nick

OP
G
Reaction score
According to this Apple document you shouldn't need access to your "Apple ID email account" to do a factory reset of the iPad:

HTH,

Nick
Thanks for the response Nick but apple require your Apple ID and password to be able to turn Find My iPad off.
Cheers

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
That is correct. I presume you at least recall your email address linked to your Apple ID? :)

This is what Apple advises if you have forgotten your password:

This is a very comprehensive article mentioning every which way to reset it etc.

Ian

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Wanting to reset all data on an ipad but the apple id email account is no longer valid or accessible.

Can any one explain how I can reset the ipad without this information if indeed it is possible.

A bit more information is needed: Why is your Apple ID/email account no longer valid or accessible?

Is it because you forgot your password? If so, see Ian's reply to you. If you have forgotten your Apple ID or used another Apple ID for the iPad and don't remember it, that could result in you being locked out from your iPad.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.