Apple and The Beatles

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
I hope this also paves the way for Lossless songs soon. Not to mention availability from other record companies

Nice to see Apple putting its money where its mouth is.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Norwood is a Mid-2010 15 inch MacBook Pro with 10.11.1.
"You've got a good sound, but you'll never make it with a stupid name like The Beatles."

*points to quote* I'm going to pretend I didn't see that. ;)

On a happier note, I think it would be cool if they had Beatles songs on iTunes.

Reaction score
If it is truly DRM-free, wouldn't this mean for the EMI songs, there won't be any borders?
There's nothing stopping it now except:

Each government wants its cut, and each jurisdiction has its own laws: age limits, credit-card regulations, fraud statutes, the list goes on forever. But taxes are always the most important.

Any central iTunes computer would explode trying to keep straight the GSTs (Australia's and Canada's), VATs and federal taxes under any other name the world over, provincial, state and territorial taxes the world over — and whether music is considered a sin within the bounds of a given world and area code. And if the reported taxes were wrong or not reported at all. . . .

Consumer-protection laws could take a beating, too. (Actually, all this is happening now.)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
Why don't you just buy some second hand CDs off ebay if you want some old 60's group on your iPod? :black: :black: :black:

M

MacHeadCase

I too want some old 60's group on my iPod but I don't want to buy it on a copyright-protected CD because then I wouldn't be able to put the songs on my iPod. Unless I'd want to start doing stuff that' illegal just so I can upload them to the iPod. If the songs don't make it gracefully on my iPod, I'm going to do without.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
LOL.
Are the Beatles CD's copy protected? I've never come across copy protected music CD's and only read about a few of the Sony ones that the courts made take off the copy proofing.

M

MacHeadCase

Maybe not, I wouldn't really know but I have grown mistrustful of CDs lately, thanks to Sony (and Sony is big in Canada, they own most of the independent record labels here so you really don't know what you're buying till you pop it into your CD-ROM — some will mention they have copy-protection, some won't). And I know George Martin has remastered the whole Beatles' catalog but I still ain't movin' that way yet. I like to encourage Apple.

The Beatles were in my time and I really loved the music they did.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 • iPhone 14 Pro • iPad Pro • iMac Retina 27"
The Beatles' current in-print CDs are not copy-protected. And yes, the entire catalog has been remastered and will be reissued at some point in 2007 (according to Apple Corps).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.