anyone in the line for the iPhone 3G?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
C2D 27" W/ MAGIC MOUSE,iPhone 3GS
Man im late on this thread.
I went to camp out on the 10th at 10:50 pm.I thought I would be first there ,but there were some guys from best buy that beat me to the punch.There were 3 ahead of me and all 3 were starting a new plan and were going on the same family plan.
It took me 10 minutes once I was in the store and left with my iphone.I arrived home @ 8:40 am.I called back up to the ATT store to talk to my friend that was number 50 in line.She said that they had already sold out of the 16GB models and were down to 8 black iphones.She was the next one to enter the store when I called her.She said ATT employees were walking down the line telling every one that they can pre- order for the next shipment that will not be in the stores for atleast 8 - 10 business days.There were over 300 people in line when I left.
To comment on the Plastic.It is not "Cheap" feeling as allot of people thought it would feel like.It actually feels about the same weight as my 1st gen iPhone.The Wifi is spot on.Im able to walk almost 200 FT further and still have a connection with the 3G iphone.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
C2D 27" W/ MAGIC MOUSE,iPhone 3GS
I went back to the store today at about 12 noon, there was another huge line. I asked the guy who was closest to the door when he got there, he said they came and lined up a little before the mall opened at 9am.

I guess I'll have top wait a few days for the buzz to die down and then get one. At least today I could go in and play with one.

BTW GPS wasn't working on a couple iPhones I tried. I hit the locator on the maps app and it couldn't locate me. I pulled my own iPhone out and was able to locate right away. Is the GPS antenna that weak?

Actually the antenna is extremely well!In the ATT store that I went to,only a few of the demo models GPS was enabled.But I have had no problems using the GPS.Its very fast and accurate with locating you.The demo models that I played with had some functions inoperable (For some reason).I ended up purchasing the white one.It feels solid and not cheap.Seems like the same plastic that they used on ibooks.

Oh yea and the back up takes forever!I have been doing a sync/backup now for almost an hour!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
I don't get why people would wait in line for a toy phone haha, I have a job so I couldn't have the opportunity to wait 2 or 10 hours in line, but I ordered mine friday and it should be here sometime next week. At least the activation bugs will be out and I won't have to wait in line.

Ordered??? How did you order one? I thought they could only be bought in-store!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.