• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Anyone else joining the Wii club?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Snow. 500 MHz DV Special Edition OS X.3.9 640 RAM 130GB
whatever the cost. im gettting a PS3

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Stuff
I'll go with the Wii

Who cares about the freaking bluray? Personally I think things are fine right now...like TV's without HD because in my eyes it doesn't look much different and I could careless.

I'm a minimalist.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MBP 2.4 GHz C2D/27" Core i7 iMac
SeVeN said:
whatever the cost. im gettting a PS3

Same here. Final Fantasy XIII will not be on the Wii. ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13 Inch, 2 Mac Mini's 1.66 & 1.83, 2- iMac Intel i3 iPhone 4 & iPad 2 32 gig.
I'm gonna hold off for the PS3, one for me and one for eBay! :-0

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Snow. 500 MHz DV Special Edition OS X.3.9 640 RAM 130GB
the PlayStation has dominated since 1997 and i dont think anything is gonna change.

Reaction score
They really need to do something about their rumoured release price. Sure the diehards will buy one but they could easily price themselves right out of the market.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook 12" G4, 30 GB, 768 MB RAM. iPod 5G 30GB.
rumored? They announced at E3 that it would be priced 600 for the super fantastic model.

Reaction score
kaidomac said:
Personally, I'm excited. Motion controllers, abililty to play GameCube games plus select older NES/SNES games, and a street price of $250 or less. Nintendo has a history of making fun, familly-oriented games, which means my wife will actually play games with me lol. Anyone else planning on picking one up?

btw, if anyone wants to buy a GameCube, PM me ;)

I will be buying one at launch

Reaction score
PumpkinLand said:
I'll go with the Wii

Who cares about the freaking bluray? Personally I think things are fine right now...like TV's without HD because in my eyes it doesn't look much different and I could careless.

I'm a minimalist.

i would have said that... then i got HD. i'm ruined. i can't stand regular TV. in fact, the Fox Sports net deal with the tigers has been the bane of my existence. ESPN gets blocked (so no HD) for their games as fsn has the primary rights.

as far as blu ray vs. hd dvd?
whoever wins, wins.

i have a 360 ( the games are at best incomplete and disappointing) and i'll wait on ps3

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.