Ancient MacPro out of date, what can I do?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Leave original and add new modules in matched pairs.

Reaction score
Hello,

After trying to get advice at my local electronic boxstores I have decided to try this forum. My MacPro that I purchased roughly 6-7 years ago has fallen out of date and doesn't run as great as it used to. My safari will consistently crash if I open a webpage with too much flash or similar stuff going on. I also have the problem that the Tiger OS does not recognize my new video camera nor iPhone. What can I do to bring my computer up to date or is it set for retirement?

I have 65 GB available on my hard drive and this is my computers info.
Mac OS X Version 10.4.11 Build 862167

Hardware Overview:

Model Name: Mac Pro
Model Identifier: MacPro1,1
Processor Name: Dual-Core Intel Xeon
Processor Speed: 2 GHz
Number Of Processors: 2
Total Number Of Cores: 4
L2 Cache (per processor): 4 MB
Memory: 1 GB
Bus Speed: 1.33 GHz
Boot ROM Version: MP11.005C.B08
SMC Version: 1.7f10

I would prefer to get this computer up to date again as it was a significant investment at the time and cost over $3000.00

Any advice would be gratefully appreciated.

Thank you.

Don't underestimate your Mac Pro. I bought the same one last year but with a 3.0 GHz processor. With a few upgrades, GeekBench scores are now comparable to my wife's 2012 MacBook Pro. Check out some deals on eBay. I bought 16GB of RAM for just $135 and installation was super easy.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.