• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Alienware Laptop Needs to lose some weight

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
whats the big deal with the weight.. i mean at most your looking at a 1-2 pound difference, do people honestly notice this anywhere besides on the specs page?

1-2 pound difference? Someone clearly hasn't used an Alienware laptop...
The "brick" power adapter itself weighs close to a macbook's weight. Not poking fun at them though, they are good for what they do.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
Try carrying a 25lb, fully laden laptop bag on your shoulder for a significant period of time and you'd be overjoyed to get something 7-10lbs lighter. When I switched my Inspiron 8200 out for a comparatively svelte Inspiron 700m, it was about a 7lb difference, which was huge in daily travel.

I'm a photographer. I have used to lugging around 100lbs of equipment. :D

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 MBP 16gb ram, 2.3 i7, 500 gb hd, 750 gb hd
Coming from an owner of an m17x, um, SLI video cards, two internal hard drives, and the honking power requirements? Yeah, it weighs a ton.

DH has the replacement for the brick they sent me (I fought for 7 months for it before switching to mac and got a new one 3 days after my iMac came in). He takes it to the offshore oil platform he works on but wishes it were trimmer. I told him he wanted a portable desktop…it's what he got.

Edit to change vid cards to hard drive...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 MBP 16gb ram, 2.3 i7, 500 gb hd, 750 gb hd
1-2 pound difference? Someone clearly hasn't used an Alienware laptop...
The "brick" power adapter itself weighs close to a macbook's weight. Not poking fun at them though, they are good for what they do.

This is so true! LOL When I first pulled the power adapter out of the box I almost fainted. Then I lifted the laptop itself….and did. ;)

In my defense, I didn't pick the laptop. It's what I got when I invoked the accident warranty on an Inspiron e1705. They said they were going for "same or higher" in a replacement in every stat. I didn't realize at the time they meant size and weight, too!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.