Airport Extreme won't let us go to Statefarm.com

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP, MacMini, iPhone 4, iPod Touch, iPad 2, AppleTV Original and a beloved Apple //e
So I have a strange issue.

Got a new Airport Extreme a few weeks ago, network setup went fine, all was well... (and really all IS well except for)

Last night we discovered that no computers on our home network (either wired or wifi) would go to State Farm's website (statefarm.com). Not a login issue, we can't go to the website, the connection times out and says it can't connect. When I pulled up the site on my phone with Verizon LTE, it loaded fine.

We have Comcast as our ISP. Others in the neighborhood report they can go to statefarm.com just fine. We tried TunnelBear (VPN) and statefarm.com loads fine when using Tunnelbear. I turned off Tunnelbear, removed the ethernet from the router and plugged ethernet direct from the modem to the computer and the website loaded fine... but when using the router statefarm.com will not load.

Modem & router have been power-cycled several times.

In AirPort Utility, I checked the DNS, it's Comcast's standard DNS (75.75.75.75 and 75.75.76.76). Will clicking on "renew DHCP lease" in AirPort Utility fix the problem?

This same thing did happen a couple years ago, again with State Farm's website, and it 'magically' fixed itself after about a week or two... just wondering if I can not wait a week and solve the problem.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Follow these instructions to reset your AE. Just make sure you copy down all the settings before you do since that will return everything to the default for the AE.

Since you can access State Farm from your iPhone and thru the TunnelBear VPN, it almost has to be some problem with either your ISP (Comcast) or the AE.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.