Airport Extreme with Motorola Surfboard SB6141 Modem

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27-inch, Late 2013
I just bought the above mentioned modem to replace the exact same. I contacted Comcast and I'm online. Now, when I connect the Airport Extreme, and launch Airport Utility, I get nothing. Any thoughts or help is always appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
I just bought the above mentioned modem to replace the exact same. I contacted Comcast and I'm online. Now, when I connect the Airport Extreme, and launch Airport Utility, I get nothing. Any thoughts or help is always appreciated.

Check to make sure you have the ethernet cable plugged into the correct port. The ethernet cable leading from the modem should be plugged into the WAN port on the Airport.

AirPort-Extreme-ports.jpg

If that fails, try a new cable.

Side thought that just occurred to me... even if not plugged in correctly, you should still reach the Airport via the utility, just not able to access the internet. Is the light on the Airport amber or green? If you literally can't even see the Airport in the utility, unplug the Airport from the wall (kill power to it!) for 5 minutes, then plug it back in and give it a few and wait for the light to go green.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27-inch, Late 2013
Check to make sure you have the ethernet cable plugged into the correct port. The ethernet cable leading from the modem should be plugged into the WAN port on the Airport.

View attachment 24271

If that fails, try a new cable.

Side thought that just occurred to me... even if not plugged in correctly, you should still reach the Airport via the utility, just not able to access the internet. Is the light on the Airport amber or green? If you literally can't even see the Airport in the utility, unplug the Airport from the wall (kill power to it!) for 5 minutes, then plug it back in and give it a few and wait for the light to go green.

Thanks for your reply. The cable is plugged in from the modem to the WAN port on the router. I have tried 2 different cables. AirPort Utility says: "No configured base station found. Airport Utility will continue searching." The light on the router is blinking amber. I've had the Airport unplugged all night.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Thanks for your reply. The cable is plugged in from the modem to the WAN port on the router. I have tried 2 different cables. AirPort Utility says: "No configured base station found. Airport Utility will continue searching." The light on the router is blinking amber. I've had the Airport unplugged all night.

In that case, "something" is wrong with the Airport itself. Read over Apple's troubleshooting guide:
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203198

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27-inch, Late 2013
I believe somethings wrong with the Airport. I'll contact Apple. I appreciate your time and effort in trying to help me. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.