AirPort Extreme or AC adapter problem?

Reaction score
I am using my old original (purchased in 2008, model number A1143) AirPort Extreme as a wifi EXTENDER. It has been working well for several years. However, there was one room that was getting a very poor wifi signal, so I moved the Airport Extreme to another location closer to the room. Plugged it in, it came up with a green light immediately and signal was greatly improved in that room. The problem started when I decided to plug it into another nearby electrical receptacle and the AC adapter (which is the original one that came with the AirPort Extreme) dropped less than 2 feet to the floor. After plugging it in, no light (yellow or green) showed up on the AirPort Extreme. I plugged it back into the original receptacle (and tried others) and now there is still no light showing up on my AirPort Extreme. However, tiny lights are blinking on the backside of the Airport (where you can plug things in), so there IS power getting to the Airport. Plugging and unplugging the AC adapter, and also the Airport, doesn't change anything. I still get no wifi signal from the AirPort Extreme. Is it possible to "break" an AC Adapter by such a short fall? I found a source (www.savingology.com) to buy a new "original" AC Adapter (plus cord) that is the same model # and lists it as working for my Airport Extreme Model A1143. Is there a way to test the AC Adapter and the AirPort Extreme to see where the problem is before I go ahead and purchase a new AC Adapter? It just seems unreal that such a short fall of the AC adapter could damage it.

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
purchase a new AC Adapter

Yes, certainly. I agree with Jake. That fall could easily break the adapter. Luckily, a new AC Adapter is not too expensive (y)

Ian

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.