AirPods 2 — any lag on YouTube videos?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP - 2.7 Ghz, Intel Core i7, 8GB RAM.
I don’t like the silicone on the Pro’s. How’s the lag/latency, if any, on the AirPods 2 specifically with watching YouTube videos? I’ve read that if there is any the chip inside fixes itself. What do you think?

Sent from my iPhone using Mac-Forums

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
The AirPods2 is like any other Bluetooth audio device out there and it is going to perform just fine. Not sure how any chip would fix this. This is most certainly not an issue on any Bluetooth headphones I've ever owned.

BT has a dedicate profile for audio and this stuff has been perfected over many years.

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
@rsherid,

I don't mean to be impertinent, but may I ask you whether your dislike of the AirPods Pro is based on using them or reading about them, or indeed just a gut feeling? You mention silicone being a dislike - in what way?

The reason I enquire is that I have recently bought the AirPods Pro and have found them most enjoyable to use, particularly the Noise Cancellation feature. And very comfortable with the different ear tips supplied.

Ian

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP - 2.7 Ghz, Intel Core i7, 8GB RAM.
The AirPods2 is like any other Bluetooth audio device out there and it is going to perform just fine. Not sure how any chip would fix this. This is most certainly not an issue on any Bluetooth headphones I've ever owned.

BT has a dedicate profile for audio and this stuff has been perfected over many years.

I bought some cheapies off Amazon and the audio/video goes out of sync often with YouTube videos. I heard other pairs do this due to the Bluetooth technology. But the AirPods seem to be better.

Sent from my iPhone using Mac-Forums

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
You should first verify that things are in-sync with local video content. It's entirely possible the issue is with the video, your browser, your Internet connection and while slew of other things than the headphones itself.

Reaction score
I bought some cheapies off Amazon and the audio/video goes out of sync often with YouTube videos. I heard other pairs do this due to the Bluetooth technology. But the AirPods seem to be better.

I bought a cheap pair off Amazon as well about 6 years ago and have never experienced any latency like you describe. As Ashwin stated, it may be the video itself has out-of-sync audio, and you wouldn't know unless you also listened to it using the phone's speakers.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.