After getting Apple Magic Mouse to run with PC it can't be found on MacBook Pro

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 16 Inch 2019 MacOS Catalina 10.15.3 (19D76)
I got my Apple Magic Mouse to work with a PC Laptop for my new job. However, now the Apple Magic Mouse won't work on my MacBook Pro.

They are both near each other in the same room. I'm not sure if that is causing an issue.

Even after deactivating the mouse from the PC, my Mac can't find the mouse. I even turned off the bluetooth from the PC. From the system's preferences it either can't find the bluetooth device, or when it does find my mouse it doesn't select it.

Is there a way for me to have the mouse work on both my MacBook Pro and Windows 10 PC simultaneously?

1651518537965.png

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Which Magic Mouse do you have; batteries or rechargeable? You might want to try doing a SMC reset for the MacBook Pro to see if that resolves the BT problem.

There is a chance that the Magic Mouse is still being paired to the PC even though you have turned it off from there.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Is there a way for me to have the mouse work on both my MacBook Pro and Windows 10 PC simultaneously?
I'm pretty sure it's possible...since most of the bluetooth settings required are within the computers themselves.

Like Charlie mentioned...if trying to connect to your Mac...don't be within bluetooth range of your PC (or turn the PC off)...or that may confuse things.

On top of this. I sometimes have trouble getting Magic Trackpads or Magic Mice to "pair" with my Mac's when I unpair them from a different computer (or when I get a used one from Craig's List or eBay). Sometimes it takes multiple attempts of doing the "pairing" process to get things to work.

HTH,

Nick

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
You're in the wrong spot. Go to Sys Prefs->Bluetooth first and with the mouse turned on, it should show up as a device you can pair. Once paired, it will allow you to connect it if you want to jump between the PC and Mac.

OP
MacLover2011
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 16 Inch 2019 MacOS Catalina 10.15.3 (19D76)
I got the Magic Mouse to work on the PC. But it''s a hassle getting it to un pair with the pc and back to the Mac. I hope my new employer will send me a mouse for this pc.

Thank you all for your replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.