Access Mac from iPhone

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 17"(2.8 ghz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB mem), 21.5" Imac, 15" MBP (2.4 ghz) all running ML
I was amused because saying "I like Dropbox better than the cloud" is like saying "I like chocolate better than that dark brown stuff you get from the candy store."

Dropbox (and all the services like it) IS the cloud ...

Then I guess I should have said I like Dropbox better than iCloud for my documents. I will try to be more careful with my wording the the future.
I thought this forum was a friendly place to try and help each other. We should not be critized or ridiculed for trying to help with an opinion.

C

chas_m

Nobody's criticised you, nor ridiculed you. You used a generic term instead of a specific term. In a text-based forum, where words are all we have to go on, using the correct terminology is important. How is that unfriendly exactly?

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
@chas_m, you may not have criticized or ridiculed the poster with your quote but a growing number of folks are getting acquainted with cloud technologies and as such there are people at all points in that knowledge spectrum. There are people who believe that bad weather might affect their cloud storage to those who can tell you the protocols used to create a cloud storage network..

Correcting the poster and moving them along that knowledge spectrum can be done without the snarky remarks that CAN be construed as finger pointing and unfriendly..surely, we are all beyond the elementary school playground stage of life and can act like adults..

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.