AC Power Cord

Reaction score
I am brand spanking new to this. I know where the magnet power cord is hooked up to, but where in the world do I hook up the AC power cord? Also if I 'm working at home, is the powerbook better off being hooked to the AC power cord instead?

Thanks,

Tuarreg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15", 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, OS X 10.8.2, iPad 1, 80gb iPod, ATV 1, iPhone 5
The power cord consists of 3 pieces. 1 the power converter with magnetic cord. 2 the 2 prong outlet adapter. 3 the 3 prong grounded wire. On the power supply you can remove the part with the 2 prongs and then attach the 3 prong cord. You remove either piece by sliding it up if the apple logo is right side up.

OP
T
Reaction score
Thanks, dakineyl.

More questions: Why do we have the option of two or three prong adapters? Wouldn't the three prong be the safest way to go? What is point of the two prong?

Sorry for the noob questions.

Tuarreg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Matte Macbook Pro 2.5Ghz 4gb RAM 250gb HD, 60gb iPod Classic maxed, iPod shuffle
I think the main reason they do this is because if you have the 2 prong adapter hooked up you have a shorter cord so if you are near a plug you dont have as much of a cord getting in the way, but if you need to plug in further away, you can hook up the attachment for a longer reach...and im assuming it is 3 prongs because it is further so it may need a little extra power for the longer cord.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro, White macbook, iMac
The 2 prong is for the USA (unless the prongs are round in which case they are for mainland Europe) and the 3 prong is for the UK.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
The 2 prong is for the USA (unless the prongs are round in which case they are for mainland Europe) and the 3 prong is for the UK.

The three prong can be used in US. The third prong is a ground.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
Is the third prong a different size in the US?
It's a completely different plug. In the US you can use 2 prong plugs if they're phase specific or if the appliance is double shielded.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.