About to order!! Need last minute tips/advice.

OP
J
Reaction score
Hmm, well guys. A week and a half after registering online and two days after making my first purchase, I get an e-mail from Apple. Save 40 dollars on your first order of 300 dollars or more. Well great timing, I made my first purchase 2 days ago, bought a brand new computer and ipod, don't think I need much else from you. I called to see if it could be applied to my ordered or if I could get a rebate or anything and was told no because those e-mails go out by luck of the draw, but it can be used for my next order. It's only 40 bucks so it isn't that big of a deal, but it just doesn't make much sense to me.

What do you guys think?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
jparker0201 said:
Hmm, well guys. A week and a half after registering online and two days after making my first purchase, I get an e-mail from Apple. Save 40 dollars on your first order of 300 dollars or more. Well great timing, I made my first purchase 2 days ago, bought a brand new computer and ipod, don't think I need much else from you. I called to see if it could be applied to my ordered or if I could get a rebate or anything and was told no because those e-mails go out by luck of the draw, but it can be used for my next order. It's only 40 bucks so it isn't that big of a deal, but it just doesn't make much sense to me.

What do you guys think?
Those sorts of "specials" and "deals" come from all sorts of manufacturers of all sorts of products. It isn't just Apple. Its a business tactic that companies use to get you to order something else from then again, thereby creating repeat business from you.
No, it is never applied to your initial purchase, because that would defeat the purpose of getting you to order something else. Businesses want you to spend more money on their products so they want you to order more, not save on your initial (and possibly only) purchase from them.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2015 5K iMac 4ghz 32gb 4gb Graphics - Late 2011 17" MacBook Pro 2.4ghz quad i7 16gb ram
Good pick, its always good to get the best, but that's a lot extra I think for what you are useing it for, but you will use it up later on

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro, MBP C2D, iMac G4
I was faced with the same situation and I went with the MacBook. I hope you enjoy your MBP...

OP
J
Reaction score
AH, the anticipation is killing me, I tell you! My iPod came yesterday though and I'm lovin it, I just want my computer now! My Computer did get pushed back till Friday but at least it wasn't any longer.

OP
J
Reaction score
Alright guys.A little update for you all. I have been without internet since I last posted and haven't been able to get on. That has just given me extra time to toy with the machine itsself. And my concluding sentence. I FREAKING LOVE IT!
I think I have switched over rather well and I am still learning little new things everyday but the ease of use of this machine and just how it works makes it a beauty alone without the added styling which is also stunning. I can't say that I will ever use a PC again unless its something that I absolutely have to for.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.