• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

A little bit of fun for our trans Atlantic cousins..

Status
Not open for further replies.

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
Keep all of them, preferably behind a stockade fence.

And please don't send them over here; especially not that shy, modest guy, Mr.......whatshisname.

Ian

OP
Jonzjob
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 2010 MBP 13, 8 gig mem, 2 int disks 500gig SSD, 1Tb SSHD . 2010 iMac, 8 gig, 2 Tb SSHD. iMac M1
Especially that one who thinks Paris is in Germany.

It was was for a while, but with a little help from you guys across the pond we got it back where it belongs, at the centre of the universe. Well, the bleedin Parisians think it is??

By the way the 'Meridian Verte' wot used to be known as the Paris Meridian and wot used to be the time set around the world until we English got it and is now known as Greenwich (pronounced Grenich for you lot over there :*:* ) took it away. Well that Meridian Verte is a line that runs through Carcassonne and Paris is about 500 miles straight north up from us...

OP
Jonzjob
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 2010 MBP 13, 8 gig mem, 2 int disks 500gig SSD, 1Tb SSHD . 2010 iMac, 8 gig, 2 Tb SSHD. iMac M1
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mid-2010 Mac Mini OS 10.12.6 Sierra, 2.66 GHz C2D, 8GB RAM, 30 in. Cinema Display
We are actually one up on the Blackpool Tower...we installed a space craft on top of ours!

space-needle.jpg

OP
Jonzjob
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
We are actually one up on the Blackpool Tower...we installed a space craft on top of ours!

View attachment 23787

Ah, but do it have a ballroom with a pop up organ at the base? And do you reckon it will still be there 112 years after it were builded:Mischievous::Mischievous: Like wot B/pool tower has got.

The fact that Blackpool is the town where hemeroids (piles) were invented and is, in my opinion, the biggest hole in the world doen't come into it :Mischievous::Mischievous:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSw6b7PVpDw

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
I suspect patients invented haemorrhoids (Note British spelling Jonzob. I know you are walled in, in Carcassonne, but still, standards, man!;) )

Blackpool may have discovered them although I can find no documentary evidence of this. Was Blackpool around in ancient Roman times?

Ian

OP
Jonzjob
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
It may well be just a matter of speech Ian, but at the tender age of 13 I spent 3 months in B/pool after 2 1/2 years in Malta. Jan, Feb and March 1956, in a forces transit hotel called The Glenshee and believe me if hæmorrhoids could have been invented then it will have been there!

Don't forget the æ Ian ;P;P:Cool:

OP
Jonzjob
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M

MacInWin

John, when I lived in England I watched an RU match on television. One of the players broke his arm in the first half, was taken off. Came back out to play the second half with a cast on his arm. Tough guys.

OP
Jonzjob
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Going back to cricket and as to just how important it is to us serious English here is a piece of youtube of our wonderful game. A little damp just doesn't matter..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBX2CG-ZInQ

Enjoy and envy :Cool::Cool::Cool::Cool: You won't see the like on the Western side of the pond!!:eek::eek:

M

MacInWin

HEH! I think I saw a similar effort at The Oval once...the wicket is a bit tricky on the Solent.

OP
Jonzjob
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Possibly? But isn't there a kind of Oval on your side of the pond too?

I can't remember ever hearing of cricket being played there though. Too small and if I remember correctly a lot of underhand bowling going on:Mischievous::Mischievous:

I think it's a room in a house somewhere :Evil::Evil:

M

MacInWin

Well, despite the "games" played in that Oval, cricket is actually played in Washington. A group of cricketers gather on the Mall in Summer months to play on an oval area called the Ellipse just south of the White House. The players are usually ex-pats from UK, Australia, South Africa, the West Indies (i.e., where cricket is played). Most work in their various embassies or for companies supporting those embassies. The cricket is not bad for a bunch of amateurs.

EDIT: I forgot to add the Indians and Pakistanis as well. It's definitely a mix of nationalities. The odd Yank shows up, too.

OP
Jonzjob
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Certainly dear sir :Cool:

If one Trumps then one coughs in ones trousers, obviously commonly known as a trouser cough and if one has a cold and is coughing as well it can be known as coughing at both ends.

That reminds me of the very posh lady who went to the doctors because she had terrible wind. She told the doctor that when she went to the opera it was very embarrassing because she just couldn't control it and that the only grace saving was that it was always quiet. Then she passed wind in the surgery (I wonder if that would be a skirt cough??) , apologised to the doctor and said do you see what I mean but at least it is silent.

"Ah, I see what you mean madam" said the doctor "but I do believe that there is another problem and that firstly we need to get you a new battery for your hearing aid" :*:*

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2015 iMac 21.5; 3.1 GHz Intel Core i5; 8 GB 1867 MHz DDR3, Mojave.
Oh, I had a good idea about the Trump part. That's why I used the ellipses. What I didn't understand was "Hang on that one can stay".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.