• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

A little angry at Apple right now...

Status
Not open for further replies.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Good news: so I ended up calling the Apple Store and talking to a manager and explained the situation. He was completely understanding and put me in the reservation list and set aside a phone for me which I picked up this morning. I am now a happy iPhone 6+ owner :)

So that bull**** the lady on the phone told me about stores not being able to set aside inventory was a complete lie and I will never rely on Apple phone support ever again.

First of all a BIG BIG congrats on getting your new iPhone 6+!!!:):)

Second. Apple is a big company. The "lady on the phone" probably did the best she could...with the tools she had at her disposal. The "Apple Store Manager" did the best he could with the tools he had at his disposal. Obviously the Apple Store Manager had the "tools" that helped best in this situation. In a different situation...the "customer service lady" may have been MUCH more helpful than the Apple Store Manager.

Third. Remember. The "customer service lady" and the "Apple Store Manager"...both work for the same company. At the end of the day...APPLE helped you get what you wanted. Regardless if it was the customer service lady or the Apple Store manager.:):)

Again...a BIG congrats!:)

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Hasn't got a beef w/ anyone anymore, I wonder if we will see the OP again ?? ;)

C

chas_m

I didn't get to this in time, but had Apple not come through for him, I would have suggested he just wait ONE WEEK. In a week's time you will be able to walk into nearly any Apple Store and get whatever you want. It might possibly -- POSSIBLY -- take two weeks for the fever to subside, but I promise you it does, and very quickly. Been through this exact scenario seven times now. Today, there are no iPhone 6+ to be had. A week to 10 days from now, every store will have them in at least some quantity.

I have never pre-ordered an iPhone in my life. I wait 10 days, walk into an Apple Store, and get precisely the capacity and color I wanted.

Reaction score
I didn't get to this in time, but had Apple not come through for him, I would have suggested he just wait ONE WEEK. In a week's time you will be able to walk into nearly any Apple Store and get whatever you want. It might possibly -- POSSIBLY -- take two weeks for the fever to subside, but I promise you it does, and very quickly. Been through this exact scenario seven times now. Today, there are no iPhone 6+ to be had. A week to 10 days from now, every store will have them in at least some quantity.

I have never pre-ordered an iPhone in my life. I wait 10 days, walk into an Apple Store, and get precisely the capacity and color I wanted.

Really. Well that is good news. I keep trying to talk myself out of a 6+ but I just want one so bad. I get off the rig in 2 weeks. I am hoping your correct.

OP
P
Reaction score
Hasn't got a beef w/ anyone anymore, I wonder if we will see the OP again ?? ;)

I didn't come here to rant and complain about Apple. I was in a bad situation which was Apple's fault and I was just looking for some opinions and maybe some guidance on what to do next.

Thanks though for your comment.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I didn't get to this in time, but had Apple not come through for him, I would have suggested he just wait ONE WEEK. In a week's time you will be able to walk into nearly any Apple Store and get whatever you want. It might possibly -- POSSIBLY -- take two weeks for the fever to subside, but I promise you it does, and very quickly.

I mentioned this earlier in the thread.:) Just wait until the fervor settles down…then just walk in and get one.

- Nick

lrd

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2009 MacBook Pro 15" - 2013 iMac 3.4GHz quad-core i7, Fusion Drive, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX
I didn't come here to rant and complain about Apple. I was in a bad situation which was Apple's fault and I was just looking for some opinions and maybe some guidance on what to do next.

... I will never rely on Apple phone support ever again.

Apple solved your problem and you got your phone within a day of release, yet you state you'll never "rely on Apple phone support ever again". I think given the crushing demand they did **** well to get you a phone at all. I think that is awesome customer service. You have really set the bar high if you think otherwise.

Reaction score
After reading this thread, I can totally understand the frustration and the poor experience. I had also attempted a pre-order, only to have it cancelled after it had gone through successfully.

When I made the call the the customer service, I was told several versions of why the order was cancelled until I got so frustrated and confused by them. A representative of Apple called and later told me that I had order 6 phones when clearly the order invoice only had 2. I told the person that there is clearly an error on their side but he said he is still not going to reinstate my order. He had also admitted the mistake was on Apple's part but they are not planning to help me with my order. When I asked why he cannot help me with the order, he said that it was because I ordered 6 phones. Seriously, I felt like he was just trying to confuse me and possibly get me off the phone.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
When I asked why he cannot help me with the order, he said that it was because I ordered 6 phones.

It's VERY VERY unusual that a single person would be ordering 6 brand new iPhone 6's. Maybe you have a large family...a lot of friends…or you are a very generous person!:)

But the first thing many folks would think when they hear this (ordering/pre-ordering 6 iPhones…before they are released)…is SOMEONE is trying to take advantage of a brand new SUPER HOT Apple product…and is intending on selling them for double the price (or more) on eBay!!!:(

- Nick

Reaction score
It's VERY VERY unusual that a single person would be ordering 6 brand new iPhone 6's. Maybe you have a large family...a lot of friends…or you are a very generous person!:)

But the first thing many folks would think when they hear this (ordering/pre-ordering 6 iPhones…before they are released)…is SOMEONE is trying to take advantage of a brand new SUPER HOT Apple product…and is intending on selling them for double the price (or more) on eBay!!!:(

- Nick

I am looking at 5 for Xmas. :Blushing:

Wife, 3 Kids, Mom

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I am looking at 5 for Xmas. :Blushing:

Wife, 3 Kids, Mom

Are you serious…iPhone 6's for "kids". Hopefully they are at least older kids.:)

I'm sure you must understand that walking into an Apple Store or ordering online (closer to Christmas)…five iPhone 6's at the same time when supply of iPhone 6's will most likely be MUCH better than now…would be no problem.

But when someone is upset when their pre-order for six iPhone 6's is cancelled. It is feasible…that most or all of these 6 iPhones could end up on eBay. For example:

iPhone 6 in Stock 4 7" 64GB Gold Unlocked International Shipping | eBay
Apple iPhone 6 Plus 128GB Space Gray at T New Free Overnight Shipping | eBay
iPhone 6 Plus 64GB Space Gray World Phone Internationally Unlocked | eBay

The second link is for an iPhone 6 plus, 128gig…which just sold for $1325. That's a VERY nice profit. Now multiply that profit by 6x (for six phone's)!;)

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
But when someone is upset when their pre-order for six iPhone 6's is cancelled. It is feasible…that most or all of these 6 iPhones could end up on eBay.

If I'm reading his post right, the invoice showed he had ordered 2 but Apple is saying he tried to order 6. I'm wondering if he was in fact trying to order only 2, but got impatient due to the sluggishness of the overwhelmed systems and kept hitting "refresh", thus re-submitting his order. There is a warning to not do that for just this reason.

The second link is for an iPhone 6 plus, 128gig…which just sold for $1325. That's a VERY nice profit. Now multiply that profit by 6x (for six phone's)!;)

I have really got to learn to start taking advantage of these releases like this.

Reaction score
Are you serious…iPhone 6's for "kids". Hopefully they are at least older kids.:)

I'm sure you must understand that walking into an Apple Store or ordering online (closer to Christmas)…five iPhone 6's at the same time when supply of iPhone 6's will most likely be MUCH better than now…would be no problem.

But when someone is upset when their pre-order for six iPhone 6's is cancelled. It is feasible…that most or all of these 6 iPhones could end up on eBay. For example:

iPhone 6 in Stock 4 7" 64GB Gold Unlocked International Shipping | eBay
Apple iPhone 6 Plus 128GB Space Gray at T New Free Overnight Shipping | eBay
iPhone 6 Plus 64GB Space Gray World Phone Internationally Unlocked | eBay

- Nick

The kids are 16, 14, and 12. I am not going to get one for my 9 year old that would just be ridiculous. She is going to get a 5c :).

I knew where you were going with your post. It makes me sick not only that people will buy up the supply just to try an make a profit. It makes me equally as sick that people are paying the price and letting people get away with it time after time.

I have had a good track record with my kids and phones. Its mainly so we can keep in touch since both me and the miss' both work.

Anyhow i was just trying to have some fun with the Thread.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
If I'm reading his post right, the invoice showed he had ordered 2 but Apple is saying he tried to order 6.

Thanks for mentioning that…I missed that detail. I saw the "6 iPhone thing" multiple times…and thought that was the original order. Apologies to "fuyumi" for the misunderstanding.:)

- Nick

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The kids are 16, 14, and 12. I am not going to get one for my 9 year old that would just be ridiculous. She is going to get a 5c :).

Ha ha. I guess everyone "draws the line" at a different age (for an iPhone 6)!;)

It makes me sick not only that people will buy up the supply just to try an make a profit.

Hopefully the percent of the supply that these folks account for is small. But it still means that a good number of folks that just want a single iPhone 6…for their own personal purpose…won't get one right away.

It makes me equally as sick that people are paying the price and letting people get away with it time after time.

I am always amazed how much over list price some folks are willing to pay. I guess they have "deep pockets". Of course this sort of thing almost always happens when a new "hot item" is released.

I have had a good track record with my kids and phones. Its mainly so we can keep in touch since both me and the miss' both work.

I understand the situation…and how the smartphones help keep everyone in touch!:)

Anyhow i was just trying to have some fun with the Thread.

Understandable as well!:) Maybe I'm just jealous that a 12 year-old is going to have a MUCH better phone than I have!!! Ha Ha.;)

- Nick

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Understandable as well! Maybe I'm just jealous that a 12 year-old is going to have a MUCH better phone than I have!!! Ha Ha.

In my case Nick, not only will they have a better phone, but they'll probably know how to use it better than me! :p Kids are amazing sometimes.

Reaction score
In my case Nick, not only will they have a better phone, but they'll probably know how to use it better than me! :p Kids are amazing sometimes.

Your not kidding. I was trying to figure out instagram and my 9 Year old could see the frustration on my face. She grabbed the phone from me clicked a bunch of buttons really fast and said "There" then she went back to watching TV.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.9GHz i7, 16GB DDR, 512GB, OSX 10.11.6
If I'm reading his post right, the invoice showed he had ordered 2 but Apple is saying he tried to order 6. I'm wondering if he was in fact trying to order only 2, but got impatient due to the sluggishness of the overwhelmed systems and kept hitting "refresh", thus re-submitting his order. There is a warning to not do that for just this reason.

I think you may have a point, here.

I don't know if the rules are the same in other countries, but in the UK, the maximum number of iphones you can order is 2 (per customer). If you try to order more, a message will pop-up reminding you of the maximum. If you don't amend the number, the order will not be submitted. Refreshing/resending the order (of 2) would be the only way that the Apple rep could have suggested an order of 6 units?

This has been the case (in UK) for years. One christmas I tried to buy four iphone4 (when they were the current model) - I got the maximum of 2 per customer message and could not place the order.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I should start a thread with a title "I am Slightly Angry at the people that are Slightly Angry at Apple"! :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Shh be quiet you guys. We shareholders need all the help we can get approaching Christmas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.