A few basic questions about LR 2.7

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
Do me a favor, and post a screen shot of IC when your reader or camera is plugged in, would you please ? Also, could you please tell me what version of IC you're using ? cmd+I on its app icon and it will say there. Mine is 6.0

Also, you could be missing something on the bottom. Look at my screen cap. You actually have to direct IC TO LR by pulling up the "other" menu. Did you skip that part ?

Doug

Screen shot 2011-02-06 at 9.11.32 PM.jpg

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" quad-core iMac, 8GB RAM, 2TB HD...15" MBP w/ 4GB RAM...etc.
Do me a favor, and post a screen shot of IC when your reader or camera is plugged in, would you please ? Also, could you please tell me what version of IC you're using ? cmd+I on its app icon and it will say there. Mine is 6.0

Also, you could be missing something on the bottom. Look at my screen cap. You actually have to direct IC TO LR by pulling up the "other" menu. Did you skip that part ?

Doug

I assumed "Lightroom 2" (in my case) would automatically be shown in that list on the bottom left. Didn't realize I had to click "other" to set it. I did. Now when I plug in my DSLR LR automatically loads (I assume the same will happen with a card reader)! Problem solved!! Thanks bud!! Box of donuts in the mail. :)

My version of IC is 6.0.1

Btw. Just ordered LR 3.0 Upgrade and CS5 Upgrade. Should have them by Wed. Will d/l LR 3.3 update later.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
Awesome ! Glad to be of assistance my fellow D300/LR using friend! You're going to looove version 3.3 (make sure to update as soon as you get 3.0) Specifically in the noise reduction area.. it's amazing. Also make sure to update the develop process year. When you get 3.0, it is going to have two options. Your old photos will already have been processed with the "2003" algorithms but now there's the 2010 algorithm. When you go to a photo with the old processing, you'll see an triangle on the bottom right side of the photo. Click on it, and it will ask if you want to update the process version.

I suggest you say yes, because the new algorithm is responsible for much better capture and output sharpening as well as the much improved noise reduction... amongst other things. You can choose to update all your photos at once as well.

CS5 rocks as well. Though I only use it for cloning and panoramic stitching.

Doug

Screen shot 2011-02-06 at 11.55.59 PM.jpg

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" quad-core iMac, 8GB RAM, 2TB HD...15" MBP w/ 4GB RAM...etc.
Ok thanks for the great advice Doug. Will check for the algorithm used. After installing 3.0 and the 3.3 update. Haven't uploaded many photos thank God. Just about 600 or so. Good thing I can update all photos at once.

Thanks again for your help.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.