5 months no Apple Pay.

Reaction score
So I’ve been on a 5 month journey with support, verizon, my bank and visa. I had an iPhone 8 and got a replacement from asurian. The replacement was started with my iCloud backup. Apple Pay never worked on it. After a few months I upgraded to an XR and started fresh from iTunes and still couldn’t add a card to Apple Pay. I press the plus in the wallet and it spins and says cannot add card or cannot contact Apple Pay. I don’t get the option to pick or add a card, just a plus sign and an error message. They tell me the engineers have been looking at it but, it’s been 3 months of that. Any ideas? I’ve done all the normal and extreme trouble shooting. Thanks.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Back up your iPhone to iTunes or iCloud. Go ahead and do a restore to factory settings. Now, go ahead and set it up as a new phone minimally. Do not restore a backup or install any apps, immediately go and see if you can add a new card to Wallet. If that works, then go ahead and restore your backup from iTunes or iCloud and if the card disappeared from Wallet, try adding it again. If the card is there, try adding a new card and see what happens.

OP
J
Reaction score
So I’ve been on a 5 month journey with support, verizon, my bank and visa. I had an iPhone 8 and got a replacement from asurian. The replacement was started with my iCloud backup. Apple Pay never worked on it. After a few months I upgraded to an XR and started fresh from iTunes and still couldn’t add a card to Apple Pay. I press the plus in the wallet and it spins and says cannot add card or cannot contact Apple Pay. I don’t get the option to pick or add a card, just a plus sign and an error message. They tell me the engineers have been looking at it but, it’s been 3 months of that. Any ideas? I’ve done all the normal and extreme trouble shooting. Thanks.

I appreciate it. That’s exactly what I did last night. It was the last thing the Apple advisor could think of. Same issue persisted.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
Sign out of iCloud, on all your iCloud enabled devices. That includes all iPhones, iPads, iPods, and macOS or winOS PC's, that you are signed into your iCloud ID with. You will have to turn off the "Find My Device" location services to do this.

OP
J
Reaction score
Sign out of iCloud, on all your iCloud enabled devices. That includes all iPhones, iPads, iPods, and macOS or winOS PC's, that you are signed into your iCloud ID with. You will have to turn off the "Find My Device" location services to do this.

That’s another good one. I appreciate any possible options but we did that one. I do believe it’s an Apple account issue but have no proof. Could be something else I haven’t run across.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.