• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

43% Of Brits Would Save Computer or Phone Before Pet

OP
the8thark
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
1. Corgi dog.

2. Wife. As reported last year, the Corgi is pedigreed Australian Champion, my wife is not!

Computer comes a long, long way down the list.

So you love your dog more then your wife?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
You can have your pet insurance too. Google "pet insurance" for a million sides from around the world about it.

Same insurance would give you a replacement dog? I don't think that's right. We have insurance on our dog, but it covers any medical expenses, not damage replacement.

OP
the8thark
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
Correct. But as in life insurance you can get a lump sum payout on some policies if your pet dies.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookAir5,2:10.13.6-iMac18,3:10.13.6-iPhone9,3:11.4.1
It's the same as notebook insurance. The pet is irreplaceable just like some of the data on our computers. That special photo or your work documents or maybe something else. Simply put data, that if it was lost would be irreplaceable and make a lot of people rather sad. Just as sad as if they lost a loved pet.

So to answer your question, their is no upside to pet insurance or notebook insurance. It's only there to give you a little financial comfort in the eventuality that you could not save your pet or notebook from the fire. So pretty much a small comfort in someone's time of great loss and sadness. Be it notebook or pet.

It seems a pet is more replaceable to some people then your computer data. Hence is why people race to save their computers before their pets.

I still don't get it, but to each their own. I'd be sad to lose my data. However, I'd be even more sad to know my pet smothered to death waiting for me save her, as I dutifully gathering up my irreplaceable data. I'd be distraught to hear her crying in pain as she cooked, while I searched around for my smartphone. It escapes me how an insurance settlement would help to make living with the conscious decision to grab my tools, instead of my pet, any more palpable. Go figure.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.