27" Apple Cinema Display with Verical Lines for first 10 mins

Reaction score
My 27" Apple Cinema Monitor (A1316) started to display verical lines everytime I plug it into my macbook. I've tried 3 different macbook pros/airs and all do the exact same thing. The monitor shows the very top menu bar, but the rest of the screen is covered with verical lines for around 10-15mins. The lines start to clear up and go back to normal after a while. Any ideas what could be causing this? Pictures below. Thanks in advance!

IMG_0122.JPG IMG_0123.JPG IMG_0124.JPG

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The first thing is to check your cabling and connectors to the cinema display especially if they have been in service for awhile. It may even be a good idea to try a different cable if one is available. If you get the same result after ascertaining that the cables and connectors are good, then it may be a fault with the display itself.

OP
P
Reaction score
I'll have to get new connecters to test it out. Does this seem like a screen issue or other hardware? I'm hoping other hardware because the screen is the most expensive (to my knowledge).

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I'll have to get new connecters to test it out. Does this seem like a screen issue or other hardware? I'm hoping other hardware because the screen is the most expensive (to my knowledge).

It's difficult to tell which may be at fault. Substituting new cables/connectors will tell the tale.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.