21.5" iMac problem, mostly software.....

Reaction score
Today i shut my iMac down for the first time in a while and while it was shutting down it gave me that grey screen that says you must hold the power button. So later i started it up and received a message that said my mac was not shut down properly and gave a report i could send to apple. After this i was having problems with safari and google chrome. safari quit unexpectedly and chrome would not load any web pages and then would quit unexpectedly. Then after restarting safari a few times i got the grey lockup screen that said i needed to shut down. This same process happened about 5 times. so I shut it down and unplugged all the usb's and It has been running a few hours now without crashing. I reinstalled chrome and safari. Chrome is fine now but safari unexpectedly quits every 10 minutes or so. What could be my problem here? Before i had these problems when i shut it down this morning I unplugged my ipod cable from the dock then from the mac. Some how i feel that the crashing was related to that. How? I dont know but i would really like to resolve this safari issue. I have also been having problems with the flash player quitting on every web page and ive reinstalled flash several times and it helps for a while but the problem comes back. Any help here? Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i7 iMac; 8gb DDR3 ram; ati mobility 4850; 1tb seagate harddrive @7200rpm
Use system log to tell us what it tells you upon every time safari crashes.

OP
H
Reaction score
Use system log to tell us what it tells you upon every time safari crashes.

Well, I cant. I just put the installation disc in and im trying to reinstall Mac OS. and im having no luck. its failed and now I just formatted the HD so hopefully it will start going but something really went wrong with this thing If i cant even get the OS reinstalled. But its going again with a fresh start. for some reason it didnt erase the hard drive on the first 4 tries. we'll see.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.