2022 Macbook Air Dual Monitors Extended

Reaction score
So I recently put together my two laptops and a PC on a (MacBook Pro, 2x PC) dual monitor setup. I actually got very frustrated with all the cables and I resorted to a software fix. I have a Bluetooth mouse and keyboard the will connect to all three. But trying to get the monitors to connect was just too much without spending $300-$500. So I ended up just installing Microsoft remote desktop on the two PC's and I connect to them from the MAC. Now no matter which computer I select, they show full screen on dual monitors.

With it setup this way I don't need any monitors connected to the pc's. I just remote into them over the LAN from the Mac and both PC's show up on the two the extended monitors (not at the same time). All at the click of a mouse. Keep in mind that without any hardware monitors connected to the PC's, the software allows the two dual monitors connected to the mac to be used.

That got me to thinking. My wife has a brand new MacBook Air and she has her work PC laptop. But now she wants to do dual monitors extended too. She can't remote desktop into the PC like I can because her work IT department won't allow incoming remote sessions to it. They also don't allow any software to be installed.

Now, I know the MacBook Air only has one video stream from the thunderbolt USB-C connections.

Is there some software that would allow her to use dual extended monitors just like Microsoft remote desktop does as a trick to get around the hardware limitation? If only Mac would have enabled that second video stream like on the MacBook pros.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.