2 audio drivers?

Reaction score
Is it possible to have 2 audio drivers? Reason I'm asking i run run a standalone VST with a drum module. No issues. But when i run another application (MuseScore - transcribing software) that also uses the audio driver, somehow interfers with the drum mapping in the VST. By interfere i mean some sound samples mapped to the VST are not correct while running another application.

Was thinking maybe use a 2nd audio driver for the application?

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
TBH, I'm not sure what would fix this. I haven't used either program.

In some cases, it is possible to route audio in two different directions depending on what you are trying to do. One could, for example, route sound from one web browser to one output and output from a second browser to a different output. I can do that with a program called Audio Hijack Pro from Rogue Amoeba.

They have several different audio apps so perhaps one of them can help. It would be worth contacting them to see if they have any ideas.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.