1st try at iWeb

Reaction score
Mongo--I was checking out your site when I came across your bit about Automator. I want to do exactly what you described. Do you mind posting the steps you took to convert your pictures to 640x480 all at once? Also, I have tried re-sizing in iPhoto, but it only seems to allow you to crop. Did you use iPhoto or an image editing software?

Thanks

Sure.

1) start Automator
2) click "finder" in the Automator Library
3) drag "Get selected Finder items" action to the blank area on the right.
4) drag "Copy Finder items" action to the right area.
---This makes a copy so your originals are safe (make sure "Replacing existing files" is unchecked. don't want to erase anything, right? :))---
---In the "To:" area, I chose "other," and just created a pics folder on the desktop.---
5) drag "Rename Finder Items" to the area on the right.
---I adjusted it to make it add ".640" to the end of each pic. Adjust as you like :)---
6) click "Preview" in the Automator Library
7) drag "Scale images" to the right area.
---The scale number is width. Setting it to 640 makes my pics 640x480---
8) leave Automator open, open the folder of pics you want to convert, and select all of the pics to convert.
9) return to Automator, and click "Run"

10) If everything worked out the way you like, be sure to save your Action to reuse again for scaling more pictures in the future.

That should be it. Hope that helps.... Let me use Skitch real quick to show you the finished "Action." :)

untitled-20070722-084646.png

Adjustments

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook CoreDuo
hmm, has anyone here use iWeb with a different hosting service? I uploaded everything to angelfire.com just fine, but iWeb doesn't make file names internet friendly (doesn't replace spaces with "_"'s) so any path names with spaces don't work. I manually went through and changed the actual file names so they upload, but now they don't link because the link is looking for the path name with the spaces

http://mbasile.angelfire.com/Welcome.html

(EDIT: I can fix the links by changing them to links to outside sources, and then entering the correct path name, but that'd be a pain in the **** and it wouldn't work for the nav menu on the top)

Reaction score
hmm, has anyone here use iWeb with a different hosting service? I uploaded everything to angelfire.com just fine, but iWeb doesn't make file names internet friendly (doesn't replace spaces with "_"'s) so any path names with spaces don't work. I manually went through and changed the actual file names so they upload, but now they don't link because the link is looking for the path name with the spaces

http://mbasile.angelfire.com/Welcome.html

(EDIT: I can fix the links by changing them to links to outside sources, and then entering the correct path name, but that'd be a pain in the **** and it wouldn't work for the nav menu on the top)

I made sure not to use any files with spaces. I love that Macs can handle spaces, but avoid it because so many things can't.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook CoreDuo
I made sure not to use any files with spaces. I love that Macs can handle spaces, but avoid it because so many things can't.

yeah, I ended up disabling the navigation menu and making my own. However, I also noticed that the page doesn't look very good on internet explorer 6 (upgraded to 7 on the PC and it looks fine now)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.