15" PB or 20" Imac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MacBook
I got a 12" ibook G4 right now and been thinking about upgrading to either a 15" PowerBook with the superdrive and upgrade the graphics card in it to 128MB or the 20" imac. what one would be best for playing games but i also wanna do my web page development on it. I figured if i got the PowerBook i would get the 20" Apple Cinemia display but I want to be able to play games on it also without any delay, would there be a difference in the power from the PB vs the Imac?

thanks
matt

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro, MBP C2D, iMac G4
If you really want to play games you shoud get a tower. The main reason for getting a powerbook is for the portability. If you dont care about traveling with your computer, than get the imac. If you want to play games, but you want a portable computer, than keep your ibook and get an imac as well. It is silly to buy a 15" powerbook with intentions of buying a 20" display for it. Get the imac with the 20" display, keep ur ibook.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro & 23" ACD
I agree...Go with a G5 processor for gaming, besides, you already have a portable..no need for two!

IMO, the occasional game is fine...but if you are really into gaming, go get an Xbox or something...I head the new Xbox coming out (Xbox 2) is going to incorporate a g4 processor!

C

code777

definitly go for the 20" iMac G5 - now your iBook G4 will have a father! forget the powerbook.

D

Danster

ApplejustWorks said:
(Xbox 2) is going to incorporate a g4 processor!
No, the xbox and playstation 2 will be incorporating the G5 processers but will proboly be small 1s like 400-600mhz

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.