• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

10 things you want to change about yourself

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8 Core 2.8, 6gb Ram, 2TB HD space, Geforce 8800GT//Macbook Pro 2.16, 2gb Ram
NinjaB3ar I'm calling to police!

Reaction score
Just some things off the top of my head:

1. Stop being so good looking
2. Dont be so smart all the time
3. Learn how to tell a lie (never done it before)
4. Stop being so good looking
5. Have less money (dont want to be spoiled)
6. Sell some of my cars
7. Give more money to charity (save the dolphins)
8. Eat more meat

9. Spread the love around
10. Stop working out everyday
11. Let the nanny do her job
12. Let the pool cleaner do his
13. Answer Stephen Spielberg's calls
14. Just use one Mac
15. Walk only my dog

Reaction score
Just curious mina and jotdess, what made you start smoking in the first place?

Reaction score
Some things I would want to change-

1. Stop my addiction to caffeine. I cant go a day without it, its pathetic really.
2. Start running for XC, I haven't practiced since last season
3. Stop being so lazy.

Those^ are my top three

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 2.0 Ghz C2D, 2GB Ram, 160GB HDD
1. Eat more healthy
2. Exercise a little more
3. Don't use money to fast
4. Don't play Xbox 360 more than one hour a day. (You and your stupid Gears of war !!! :D)
5. Dont pirate stuff (Like Ninjab3ar said, you guys do it to.)

Reaction score
Just curious mina and jotdess, what made you start smoking in the first place?

Mine was probably the most stupid reason ever haha. I was young and retarded so I blame it on my ignorance. I wanted to make those rings so I started smoking. I still ask myself *** I was thinking to this day haha. :x

Another thing I'd like to change is that I wish I was more responsible when it came to my spending. I buy so much useless stuff just because I want it and rarely ever need it. I need to stop being such an impulsive person. I'm going to try really hard after the iPhone haha. :$ :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macky the 21.5'' iMac 2.7ghz i5 8GB, Mr. Pink 64GB iPhone 6, iPad Jr. 16GB Air 2, 13'' MBAir 1.6Ghz
I need to stop being such an impulsive person. I'm going to try really hard after the iPhone haha. :$ :p

hehehe I can relate. I'm an impulse buyer as well. I didn't need to buy a Macbook, I don't need to carry $300 purses, etc.. I always end up feeling a little guilty afterwards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
Procrastination - I'm very bad for this. I've always hated doing homework, and when i did, it was usually the night before it was due.
Lose Weight - I weighed about 200lbs after I lost a bunch of weight, and was slim for my height/build. I've put all the weight I previously lost, back on. Now it's time to take it off again.
Get out of Debt - I still owe money on a previous student loan and one of my credit cards. I've recently paid back about half of my credit card, and just started paying my student loan back.
Don't spend as much money - I spend a lot of money on electronic devices and such. I need to stop.
Go back to School - I really need to start my career, but it's soooo expensive.

That's all I can think of right now.. I'm doped up on pain killers and can't think straight lol.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
Looks like we got a class A PUI(posting under influence)!:p

haha, it's nothing major.. Just over-the-counter stuff to help relax your muscles. It's not like it's Percocet.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 20" 216 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 1GBSDRAM, 250 GB hd, Airport Extreme, Bluetooth 2.0
1. Be more patient with people
2. Stop spending so much time playing games.
3. Keep losing weight (I've lost 11 lbs. and have to lose 8 more to be at the bottom of the scale for my height.)
4. Have more people over for BBQ's and fun
5. Stop caving in every time I pass Krispy Kreme donuts
6. Stop driving over the speed limit (slow down)
7. Only drink one pop a day (no more!)
8. Remember to appreciate those closest to me and "say so."

Guess that's it! :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24' 7 Snow Leopard + Parallels and Win 7 | 30 Gb iPod | Canon EOS 400D
I gave up smoking 20+ years ago so I'll have to say drink less alcohol.
Lose weight again......
Be more descisive
Not be so hard on myself
Worry less about what others think
Look more friendly outwardly...I have a hard persona
Work less and enjoy family more.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G3 - You'll be missed.
1. Quit drinking soda or cut back to 1 a day. I stopped drinking soda for about 3 - 4 years, it got to the point if i tried to drink it i was discussted and it'd hurt my throat. I then tried some new jolt about an year ago. Since then i've been drinknig soda again for about a year and a half. And I really need to stop. I've gained allot of weight back, and I just feel full allot.

2. Start skating again. I used to skateboard, i lived on it. The last two years I haven't skated but a couple times. I gained allot of weight back after an injury, I then gradually stopped skating, and started drinking soda. (post 1)

3. Lose weight haha. I was really getting down there, at about 190ish (my goal is 180) I was allot thinner than I am now, and all of my old clothes are shorter feeling and tight now. And it sucks.

4. Become 100% vegan Again! I have been getting a little lazy, I was vegan for a long while, and I recently had some veggie pizza with cheese on it. And I keep teeter totting on lacto vegetarian and veganisim, I want to go back to 100% vegan again. I'm working on it, my lady friend doesn't help much, because she'll want ice cream or pizza or something like that and I'll say alright, to be nice. I just have to stop eating it. It's not good for me, and it's caused me to bulk up more. Plus it makes me feel icky. I don't drink cows milk or use it in anything, it's just it's been in things I've consumed off and on.

5. Get a job. I need to change from being unemployed to being employed. I was let go from Radio Shack on January 19th this year. And I have not been able to find a job since. I've done applied everywhere around here, I've went out of my way and I can't get a job anywhere. So that needs to change, because my saved up money is getting thin!

6. Start reading more, I read allot everyday. But I need to finish books that I have. I have stacks of books by my desk that are half read or just started. I need to finish them all.

7. Improve my Yo-Yoing. I've been slacking for a while, I've been yoyoing for about 11 years and lately I haven't been learning anything new. I've just been staying with my style of play. I've just been innovating my own style and keeping with it. I need to learn more of other peoples stuff. I haven't been doing that here recently and I feel I'm falling behind.

8 . I need to go back to school. I'm trying to right now. Hopefully It'll go well, because I need to get that education and that degree for the jobs.

9 . Keeping my mouth clean, I recently had to have 2 top wisdom teeth pulled. One was broken the other one was just getting a cavity. And I also had to have 7 fillings because of pits and stuff. I am going in a week to get the bottom two wisdom cut out (oh fun). I just need to keep after them so I don't mess them up anymore. I've been brushing 3 times a day for about a month and they feel and look better now. So hopefully it'll help them. Because they are REALLY sensitive now since I've gotten all of these fillings. It really sucks allot.

10 . being nicer to people, and quit being so distant. I some times don't feel like I care about people around me, because there aren't many people around. I have shut myself away from my family, and I dont visit them much anymore. I don't really talk to anyone but people online and my lady friend. And sometimes, I'm not sure if I want to be with her anymore. I'm just not content sometimes. And I like being alone, and not having many people around. But it also hurts those around me. I don't really know how to explain it. I also like being around people, but it's weird because I don't really have any friends anymore. After high school they all stopped talking to me, and if we do talk it's just a, "hey how are you" - "I'm good and you?" over IM. It's kind of a bummer. But I deal with it.

I think part of me being so remote is being so self cautious because I've gained allot of weight back. I don't want people to see me like this right now, not until I loose it again. Because it's just kind of embarrassing to me.

wow okay. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to get so personal and make it sound like an emo post haha.
-------

to the ones that are thinking about becoming or are vegetarians, check out the Yummy Soup application, I have some vegan recipes on there, I'm working to put more up. If you need advice or tips don't hesitate to contact me :) i'd be glad to help you out.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 Core 2 Duo, 160GB HD, 2gb RAM, Black Macbook | iPhone | OS X Leopard
I dont understand vegans or vegeatarians really. You dont want to eat something because it was once alive, but arent all plants alive. I have no problem eating meat. I also have no problem paying a little mroe for humanely kept meat. But meat and animals are there to eat.

OP
Brendan
Reaction score
That is a good point Shannonb. I didn't decide to become a vegetarian because of animal cruelty - it was more along the lines of a more healthy choice.

Animal cruelty is wrong, but it didn't weight my decision.

Doing good, 3 days without meat, energy drinks, or fast food. A mile run every morning, eating smaller portions and eating more healthy, less talking bad about people, less lying, and more confidence. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
10-Be less tolerant of others
9-Battle stupidity wherever I find it.
8-Eat More Meat, the redder the better.
7-Drink more Sodas.
6-Drink More Coffee.
5-Burp More/Indulge in flatulence when it comes
4-Speed.
3-Drink More Alcohol.
2-Pollute More
1-Kick my neighbors dogs.

Ok, that was a Joke...come on...lighten up........;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" 5k imac i7, 295x
I'm With Shannonb on the vegi thing. if all you eat are plants, thats one boring life, especially if you dont eat eggs or milk because a lot of things are made with that stuff. Do you eat Pasta, you cant have meat sauce, you cant have cheese sauce, you cant use butter. do you just eat them plain??

How do u get your protein? use man made supplements or what. i would get bored of eating leaves every day.

1. lose weight (wile still eating meat)
2. be more sensitive to vegetarians
3. get some more cash money
4. be more open to different religions (learning about them)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2007 iMac 10.6.8 | 2009 MacBook uni 10.6.8 | 2010 MBA 10.8.5 |
2. Stop spending so much time playing games.
That's one of my biggest weaknesses!

I guess I'd like to be more motivated ~ I get things done, but am moderately procrastinating. :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 20" 216 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 1GBSDRAM, 250 GB hd, Airport Extreme, Bluetooth 2.0
That's one of my biggest weaknesses!

I guess I'd like to be more motivated ~ I get things done, but am moderately procrastinating. :p

I know...I have to admit I'm totally addicted to board/word games on my Mac. I can spend literally hours and then feel like it was such a waste of time.

Well, it's up to me to cut back. No one is going to do it for me! :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 Core 2 Duo, 160GB HD, 2gb RAM, Black Macbook | iPhone | OS X Leopard
That is a good point Shannonb. I didn't decide to become a vegetarian because of animal cruelty - it was more along the lines of a more healthy choice.

Animal cruelty is wrong, but it didn't weight my decision.

Doing good, 3 days without meat, energy drinks, or fast food. A mile run every morning, eating smaller portions and eating more healthy, less talking bad about people, less lying, and more confidence. :)

I have no issues with that. Vegetarian is a undeniably healthy lifestyle. But like vegans. I dont get it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.