• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

So what phone do you have?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
C2D MacBook Pro
Thanks.....with a bit of hard work & absolutely no willpower you too could have these things :)

Oh, I'm working on it. Two jobs and full-time classes...

:D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13 Inch, 2 Mac Mini's 1.66 & 1.83, 2- iMac Intel i3 iPhone 4 & iPad 2 32 gig.
Palm Treo 700p, but as soon as the iPhone can run apps that can read/modify word.docs or how about it Apple, a stripped down Pages app, then I'll get an iPhone.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP - 2.66Ghz Core 2 duo, 4GB Ram, 320GB HDD, Geforce 9400m + 9600M GT (256mb)
Nokia E65 :)

aas_e65_1.jpg

~~ TS ~~

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP w/Intel Core 2 Duo w/Lion, MBA w/Lion, 80GB iPod Video, 32GB iPhone 4, Two 32GB iPads
My Last:
blackberry-pearl.jpg

My Current:
iphone_home.gif

I love my iPhone!!! :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
My current phone:

iphone_home.gif

The phone before that:

parekh-20060820-Cingular8525.jpg

And the phone before that:

4811.jpg

I'd post more, but I forget what I used to have during the era of "dumb phones" ;P

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Intel Core 2 2.16 GHz 2 GB iPod video(30GB) and a Shuffle(new)
Motorola V3m Razor

My Phone:

Motorola V3m Razor I like it, but I don't LOVE it. It does the job but I would like something smaller and something sleeker. But most importantly something "Dumber." See the thing is, I feel that, and I will be the first to say I'm in the minority on this, Phones should be phones. They should look good and work well. My experience with "Smart" phones, and quazy-smart phones such as the Razor, is that they often times slowdown and stop doing the basic things that need to be done, such as calling, and a contacts list. Phone companies however, don't feel that way it seems. Any suggestions for a good looking phone, that isn't priced at its weight in platinum, that does three things well: makes calls, holds contacts, and text messages?

Oh and btw verizon is an almost must!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
I current phone, the original "iPhone", Motorola L7

It's a "dumb" phone, but it's a good phone. The iTunes app originally had a 100 song limit, but I have a variation which has unlimited song ability. That and a 2GB makes it a pretty good iPod, though the interface is a little sluggish.

The most useful feature on it is voice dial. It's easy to load custom visual themes and java apps onto it. Also I have a program called Moto Phone Tools which lets me up/download files and pictures and create and upload my own ringtones from my music collection for free, which is why I'll never pay for ringtones.

motorola_l7c_slvr1.gif

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White 2GHz C2D Macbook - 3GB RAM, 80GB HDD
Current personal phone: T-Mobile (Danger) Sidekick 3. I've had it for a while (had a SK2 prior to the 3, and a Sidekick Color before the SK2) and it still does everything I NEED my personal phone to do and is a very reliable phone. I want an iPhone, but until it goes 3G, I'll wait and just keep the SK3 - I really don't want another EDGE phone (especially since I primarily use it for data).

Current work phone: Palm Treo 700wx. This phone I absolutely hate. Windows Mobile is such a pain to use. I previously had a Blackberry, but since I work in R&D at the company and am currently working on several mobility initiatives, my boss thought it'd be a good idea if I had a Windows Mobile device as my primary device (for now). I really dislike Windows Mobile 5 & 6. I shouldn't have to reboot my phone... I do like the EVD0 speeds though, even though Pocket IE still sucks pretty badly.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP : 2.4GHz : 2GB RAM : 256MB VRAM : 160GB HDD
I'm still using a Sony Ericsson K750... I've been looking for a new phone recently, but to be honest, nothing seems better than what I've already got. I have no interest in 3G, or any features more advanced than making/receiving calls/texts. I did have a play with an iPhone the other day, and as tempting as it was, I really cannot afford the contract.

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.2GHz, White 80GB iPod 5th Generation
Ditto, same here... blackberry pearl and now the iPhone!! Also here is my setup...

DSC00205.jpg

DSC00213.jpg

Mind if I ask what you have 2 macs for? Just curious. I am considering getting an old Powermac G5 and upgrading it some. But I can't justify having 2 Macs and I'd feel bad ignoring my MacBook Pro! lol I love it.

Reaction score
Mind if I ask what you have 2 macs for? Just curious. I am considering getting an old Powermac G5 and upgrading it some. But I can't justify having 2 Macs and I'd feel bad ignoring my MacBook Pro! lol I love it.

Well oringally I had a Vista PC and a macbook (for school). However my Vista PC was screwed up and was send back to FutureShop for repair. They cannot replace the front speaker jack panel after 2 months after hounding on them for my PC, they decided to give me a brand new PC off the shelf. The PC they were gonna give me was worth $900, so I said to the sale guy, screw the PC, can I use the $900 towards an iMac and they talk to the manager and all that, they agree, so I got myself a 24" iMac by paying $1000. I was not planning to get the iMac until later next year, but the oppurtunity came up, so I took advantage of the credit. Note that I did not buy the extended warranty from FutureShop so it was very nice of them to replace my whole computer lol

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.2GHz, White 80GB iPod 5th Generation
Ah right! Well that's lucky! What do you usually use your MacBook for then these days? Are you using one more than the other or the same?

I can't seem to justify what to use the Powermac G5 for other than upgrading practice because my college course is refusing to teach us the ins and outs of computers, the *******s lol

Love your set up by the way!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
Doh!! An iPhone, of course!! :D

Reaction score
Moto Razr

I'm indifferent about it. It works and that's all I really look for in a phone. It was only $9.99 with a new contract.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.