• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Official: Apple's MacBook and MacBook Pro quietly updated

Reaction score
Hi guys
Here's the deal:

I ordered a macbook BTO on Oct. 22nd and it's not there yet.
I did NOT order it via the online store, but through a mac reseller.
You guys said that I would have to pay a fee if I opened and used it, but if I go there and say, "guys I don't want that macbook, I want the new hardware, get it for me!" and I didn't even touch it, what do you think would they do?

I already had to pay a fee of 300 Euros to the store, in order to make the BTO order. But that's it.
I hope I can get the newer hardware.
What do you guys think?

Greetings
Flo

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook 2.0ghz santa rosa
Does it seem odd to anyone that all-new macbooks would come out in January when macbook was just updated in November. Unless Apple will continute to sell this macbook model along with a new one. I"m gettin a macbook for school and a macbook pro for audio. but I dont wanna buy a macbook now if all new ones will come out in two months. What do yal think?

Reaction score
Hi guys
Here's the deal:

I ordered a macbook BTO on Oct. 22nd and it's not there yet.
I did NOT order it via the online store, but through a mac reseller.
You guys said that I would have to pay a fee if I opened and used it, but if I go there and say, "guys I don't want that macbook, I want the new hardware, get it for me!" and I didn't even touch it, what do you think would they do?

I already had to pay a fee of 300 Euros to the store, in order to make the BTO order. But that's it.
I hope I can get the newer hardware.
What do you guys think?

Greetings
Flo
Anyone?
? :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro w/ 2.4 GHz C2D, 4 GB RAM, 250 GB
Does it seem odd to anyone that all-new macbooks would come out in January when macbook was just updated in November. Unless Apple will continute to sell this macbook model along with a new one. I"m gettin a macbook for school and a macbook pro for audio. but I dont wanna buy a macbook now if all new ones will come out in two months. What do yal think?

Just because someone THINKS that the MacBooks will be updated in January, that is no reason to believe that it will actually happen. It might happen; it might not. If you keep waiting for the newest technology, you'll never buy a computer. It's kinda like the man that saves his whole life for a great retirement and gets hit by a bus leaving the parking lot after his last day of work. By the time your computer arrives to your door, it's no longer the best thing available anyway. :Smirk: Even if they do get an overhaul in January, how do you know that they will look better than the current Apple notebooks?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP, 2.26GHz, 8gb RAM
I agree with you Thundermoon, but I think I'm still going to wait for the next big upgrade until I buy my MBP. I'm fairly unimpressed with the current line in comparison to the price and I think I'll wait until March next year at the latest to see if anything is happening or if there's more hype of something happening.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro w/ 2.4 GHz C2D, 4 GB RAM, 250 GB
To each their own. I'm glad that you have your own opinion. It's good for this forum, just as it's good for any intelligent conversation. :)

Reaction score
i see they have been upgraded in the states but they haven't yet been upgraded in the UK, is apple offering some sort of upgrade service for people who recently bought their macbooks?

We went to the Ft Lauderdale store, but the staff were so into themselves (clustered in groups of 3 or 4, talking to themselves) that we left without buying a Macbook.

One week later, looks like new product. Glad they were so 'cool' that we cooled off.

As for upgrading those of you who recently bought, let's hope they do the right thing and offer upgrades to those who recently bought.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Core2Duo 2.2Ghz 250GB HDD 1.0GB [ON ORDER] ; iPhone 8GB
I see they now sell the new macbooks on the UK site now.

Reaction score
Good to see that the MacBooks and MacBook Pros are updated. Just in time for the holiday season.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.