• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Macbook Pro Upgrade January

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro
January 2008 MacBook Pros with Penryn Processors?
MacRumors.com said:
Appleinsider compiles information from Digitimes about upcoming Penryn processors which are expected to be used in upcoming MacBook Pros. Intel detailed their Penryn and Nehalem processor plans earlier this week at the Intel Developer Forum.

Intel is expected to launch five 45nm dual-core notebook CPUs in January of 2008 with CPU speeds ranging from 2.1GHz up to 2.8GHz.

The new Intel mobile CPUs are expected to refresh the current Santa Rosa chipset which powers the current MacBook Pro. The MacBook Pro currently maxes out at 2.4GHz speeds.

Meanwhile, it has been previously revealed that new MacBook Pros are expected to be released in January 2008 which would coincide with these processor updates.

Maybe a redesign as well?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Soon to be a Proud owner of a MBP in January
hopefully :)

more usbs :p

Reaction score
yeah, i'd like more usbs as well...but i just got my mbp back in june and god knows i don't need to worry about selling and buying another computer.

Reaction score
if they make it in a screen smaller than 15 than ill be the first one with it
**** if its nice enough i may just go for the 15in... this white macbook is really holding back my business

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP, 2.26GHz, 8gb RAM
It wouldn't surprise me if it's right... but it would excite me! =D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac, 250 GB, 2.16 GHz C2D, 2 GB Ram
This is a helpful bit of information. I was planning on purchasing a mbp 15" as soon as Leopard comes out. Oh well, I suppose I can wait a few more months if they are going to upgrade it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Reigns surpeme
but i just bought mine. LOL i was thinking about waiting for Leopard as well, couldn't wait anymore.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Cube
hopefully :)

more usbs :p

It still peeves me that a $2,000+ laptop only comes with 2 USB ports. You can rationalize it all you want, but like the recessed iPhone headphone jack, it's just stupid. I'm all for more USB ports. I've got a 7-port powered hub at home and always take a 3-port hub with me on the go. So lame...

Also I hope they fix the screen hinge issue. I hate not being able to tilt the screen back 180 degrees like practically every other laptop on the market :Angry-Tongue:

Reaction score
wow, so I guess im not the only person with that complaint, although, few laptops feal as sturdy at the hindge as my brand new macbook pro... The way I see it, if you wait till january, and they do come out with a new chipset at least, if not a re-desighn, then you get to be ****** 3 months from that when OS (wild cat) comes is anounched, people will wait for that, just to have a new mbp of mb redesighn, its a never ending circle... and I to cary a portable 5 port usb hub, it sucks my battery dry fast though...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I agree with Acting rude... if you wait every time something new is announced you'll never get it. That said, I'm still going to wait for the next MBP to be released before I buy because I'm not to impressed with the current line and it's price range... and my budget.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Core Duo 2.0GHz 1.5GB, 20" iMac C2D 2.4GHz 4GB, PowerPC G4 500MHz 512MB
It still peeves me that a $2,000+ laptop only comes with 2 USB ports. You can rationalize it all you want, but like the recessed iPhone headphone jack, it's just stupid. I'm all for more USB ports. I've got a 7-port powered hub at home and always take a 3-port hub with me on the go.

I hate to say it, but you are probably in the minority for having a bunch of peripherals constantly plugged into your portable computer.

Why do you need so may? Get an Airport Extreme and hook up your printer and external HD to it, no need for cords.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8ghz iMac 24" 4gbRAM 750gbHD + 650gbExternalHD + 22" LCD
it should really have atleast 3 though. i couldn't believe the macbook didnt have a usb mouse port on the right for a mouse.

OP
Sennec
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro
MacBook Pro

* New design, Black & Silver aluminum
* Lighter than current model
* New style backlit Apple keyboard
* Larger trackpad with “unusual” features
* Improved battery life
* Biometric fingerprint reader (May be part of the “unusual trackpad” or will be concealed in speakers)
* LED in 17 inch screens
* Core 2 Extreme Mobile (X7900) model with 2.8GHz
* NVIDIA GeForce 8600m GT (256mb on lower model 512mb option on higher)
* SuperDrive & Option for Blu-ray (Single layer)

That's f* awesome if it's true :eek:.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro w/ 2.4 GHz C2D, 4 GB RAM, 250 GB
Just like mentioned above, the only complaint I've had with my MacBook Pro is that it just doesn't open as far as I'd like.

Reaction score
I have a printer scanner combo (the hp) so i have to plug it directly into the usb port... also I have a mouse i use off to the side, my portable storage drive where I keep around 300g of images and video clips for design, never know when you need one... sometimes i plug in a keyboard so im not straining for long documents, and then there is the ipod update, the digital camera... some times a cooling pad for under my laptop, it starts to add up, and while I can easily move things around most of the time, it does get old FAST...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27" 3.06Ghz 4G Ram| iPhone 3G 8Gb
You know what, I adore the aluminum, but after owning a PB and I was always OVERLY worried about scratches, I'm happy to admit I love my MB as it has tones of light surface scratches that simply can't be seen.

I want to upgrade to a MBP but think I'll just buy a iMac simply because I will stress myself to death about mark's and dents :(

However the larger trackpad does interest me and so does the new style backlit keyboard!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
However the larger trackpad does interest me and so does the new style backlit keyboard!

The trackpad apparently has "unusual features" too... some people think it's going to be a fingerprint recognition thing, which would be pure awesome...

Reaction score
If a new revision of the MBP is coming this january its going to be too f'in awesome. I was planning to get a MBP at the beginning of next semester and a MBP w/ X7900 and Leopard = drool o.o

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.