• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Quad Core 1TB iMacs revealed

Reaction score
Looks nice from the pics - unsure about the black highlights, but will let you know once I see one in person!.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.26 13" MBP, WD 7200 RPM 320GB HDD, 4GB RAM; 2 EDU iBook G4s, 4g nano, 16GB 2g Touch, shuffle
I think it is kind of ugly, personally. I don't really like the black around the edges either, and not sure what I think about the metal/black colors. What happened to Apple white? With that said, I will still be buying one tomorrow since I can't pass up the price for what it comes with. Hopefully it will look better in person. My husband really likes the way it looks. Who knows.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.16 GHz 250Gb HDD 2.5Gb RAM
I agree. White is Apples signature color. They could have just made the same thing but instead of the aluminum keep the glossy white material (not too sure what it is ;) ) I like the new slimness though. Very attractive.

Not too keen on the new keyboard either.

M

MacHeadCase

Well Apple has been known to change colours and designs, right? Just think of the iBook clamshells, iMac gumdrops, G3 Power Macs B&W, Power Macs G4, etc.

Change is good: it means Apple is not stagnant and that IT is the trend setter.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Someone on another forum said it looks like a 24" iPhone. I get their point.

Reaction score
I like the clean professional look. It looks nice, I like the new look. HOWEVER, I do prefer the old Apple white look better. I have to admit, the white doesn't really just fit anywhere in the house. The grey can look nice anywhere. It just looks like a iMac gone Macbook "Pro." But the internals are way worth the change.

Reaction score
New iMac released

Today, Apple released it's new iMac. Starting at $1,199, it a good buy. Anodized aluminium and black glass, it's sleek and stylish design, and the fact that the smallest hard drive available is 250GB, plus a 2.8GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
processor make it the best iMac yet. Unfortunately the 17" model was discontinued to make room for the 20" and 24" models.

for more see:
http://www.apple.com/

Disclamer: I do not work for Apple inc. I do this in my own free time.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8ghz iMac 24" 4gbRAM 750gbHD + 650gbExternalHD + 22" LCD
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook CoreDuo 1.25Gb Ram WiFi'd To Airport Extreme!
lol dude ur a little late
theres like 10 thread on this

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8ghz iMac 24" 4gbRAM 750gbHD + 650gbExternalHD + 22" LCD
However a graphics DOWNGRADE for the 24"?
Not so awesome.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
I don't care for the black either. Makes the screen look smaller. The fact that it's thinner isn't a big deal when it comes to a desktop. That's more important with a portable like a laptop. I would rather see the "chin" get cut off.

Funny that the keyboard doesn't really match well with it. It's looks more suited for the Mini! But, it's better than the old one, in matching, not in function or design. What's up with no numberpad on the wireless one???

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
Referencing a previous poster, I do understand the idea that there is at least some stylistic continuity with the iPhone though. Still don't like the black, but at least I see a reason now.

What are the odds of an almost immediate aftermarket product springing up that overlays the black with Apple's (previous) trademark white? Great business idea!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macky the 21.5'' iMac 2.7ghz i5 8GB, Mr. Pink 64GB iPhone 6, iPad Jr. 16GB Air 2, 13'' MBAir 1.6Ghz
Referencing a previous poster, I do understand the idea that there is at least some stylistic continuity with the iPhone though. Still don't like the black, but at least I see a reason now.

What are the odds of an almost immediate aftermarket product springing up that overlays the black with Apple's (previous) trademark white? Great business idea!!!

I have to agree. I'm not digging the black either. I love the all white look better.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.0GHz Intel 250GB hard drive ATI Radeon HD 2400 XT with 128MB memory
i got one! it looks soo nice

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
We really don't need another thread about this. :)

Reaction score
New iMac Ugly?

I was hoping they would make the new imac look like apple's cinema display but they made it super ugly with the black.

The front apple logo is distracting. I don't like the black screen frame and the black plastic back looks simply cheap.

Why is Apple trying to make the new computers match standard pc's like dell.

I love the apple cinema display, They elegant gray metal looks expensive and the white is easy on the eyes. Not to mention it has a clean look on my desk.

I hope they update the mac mini but leave the design alone because I am not buying the new imac in the new design. It's just ugly.

Maybe all their designers were working on the iphone and so apple contracted out the new imac design to China.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook - 2.4 ghz intel core duo / 4 gig of ram.
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Blackbook, 2GHz Core Duo. 16Gb iPod Touch
Awesome Pics of the New iMac!

WOWEE!!!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.