• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Apple Store Updated - New MacBooks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2007 iMac 10.6.8 | 2009 MacBook uni 10.6.8 | 2010 MBA 10.8.5 |
i just bought my macbook 45 days ago

gutted, i bought my macbook about a month ago!! wish id waited now.
I just got mine SIX days ago. Thanks to everyone saying it's a minor bump in speed! Dispelled faint wave of depression. :)

Rule #1 when buying hardware you want to love and cherish for a long time: never look back. As soon as you buy something, a month later something newer, faster, sleeker, and better comes along. You'll just end up making yourself depressed if you keep track of the updates!
Lol, that's hard avoid when everyone around here is pointing them out! ;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Cube
I just got mine SIX days ago. Thanks to everyone saying it's a minor bump in speed! Dispelled faint wave of depression. :)

Hehe...just remember, it's a very, very minor bump in speed. Not even worth upgrading to unless you currently don't have a MacBook.

Reaction score
Well, I've been holding out to buy my first Mac (MacBook) since Feb. I'm waiting for Santa Rosa, since it has a considerable bump in gpu specs. This is disappointing. If nothing is updated at the next event, I may just get the new Lenovo and run Ubuntu.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's

I think if you are within 14 days... you can return your macbook.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15", 2.33 GHz, 2Gb

lol.. exactly. I bought mine a week ago so I felt the pain for a moment myself. :)

Reaction score
They just posted new Macbooks at faster speeds, from 2.0 GHz to 2.16 GHz, with 1Gb of memory standard for all models.

store.apple.com

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook C2D 2.0ghz, 2GB ram, 80 Gig HD
god, it gets worse, not only are the specs better, the price is considerably lower. i could of got a higher spec machine for £50 uk pounds less. same spec (less the superdrive) for £150 less!!!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
14 days.

Apple Store said:
RETURN & REFUND POLICY
If you are not satisfied with your Apple purchase of a product, please call 1-800-676-2775 for a Return Material Authorization (RMA) request within 14 calendar days of the receipt of the product.
Configure-to-order, personalized or other customized product may not be returned for refund or exchange under any circumstances unless DOA. If the item is returned unopened in the original box, we will exchange it or offer you a refund based on your original method of payment.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 13.3"
i was going to buy a white macbook this MORNING! to replace my cheapo PC laptop! boy am i glad i decided not to! Now im thinking about the top white one or the bottom white one as i dont even use the superdrive in my current black macbook!

yes i do need two! the mrs is always hogging my black one!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, iPad, MacBook Pro.
They look great, hope they have done something about the top sharp edge, the only thing I dont like about the MacBook

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
The upper white model also has a 120gb instead of 80gb base. Not an overwhelming upgrade but along the lines of what I was expecting. Saves me some money since I'm buying my sisters macbook for college and was going to put in a 120 gb hard drive

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2Ghz, 2GB ram, 500 gb HD
I just got my macbook in the mail, should i send it back for the 40 more gigs and a faster processor or can i do that!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook CoreDuo
I just got my macbook in the mail, should i send it back for the 40 more gigs and a faster processor or can i do that!

isn't there a satisfaction guarantee?

talk about "once you buy it, its out of date" :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook C2D 2.0ghz, 2GB ram, 80 Gig HD
and a lot cheaper!!! which is bleep seeing as i just bought one last month!!! could of saved £150!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
Call up apple, you have 21 days that you can return it and they will gladly help you out in getting you the newer model. I have had it twice where a new revision has come out after I purchased it and both times it was simple to get the newer model (4g iPod, and the newest versions of the iMac)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2Ghz, 2GB ram, 500 gb HD
Call up apple, you have 21 days that you can return it and they will gladly help you out in getting you the newer model. I have had it twice where a new revision has come out after I purchased it and both times it was simple to get the newer model (4g iPod, and the newest versions of the iMac)
The thing is I bought it from Macconnection, I dont know how they handle these kinds of things. I just sent them an email to see there stance on exchange it. I mean my macbook still has the right out the box smell. lol

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 1.83Ghz, 60GB HD, 512MB RAM
Didn't they also upgrade the hard drive in the base model to 80GB?

I bought my Macbook about 3 weeks ago. I wonder if I'll be able to exchange it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.